Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount

Thread: ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount

1. #1 ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount 
    So after ripping off a 3rd Trac bar axle mount on a ZJ, (with adjustable Trac bar). and doing tons of research I've learned that nobody make a weld on HD mount that ties the axle/control arm mount and Trac bar mount into one unit. I've seen them for the TJ and JK. So I'm going to make one for my two ZJ's. I spent a bit of time on CAD drawing one out yesterday and have a plan.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else would be interested in one. If so I'll make a few of them up and keep the cost under $100.00. What you guys think?

Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move. Thanks.

2. #2 Re: ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount 
    When my rear axle was built they used TJ mounts for everything but the spring perches. The TJ track bar mount worked great until I did triangulated long arms and eliminated the need for the track bar.

Just curious, are you running short arms by chance? I tore a bunch of sutff when I was running short arms--TB mount and rear upper control arm mounts (body side). Seems like big tires and short arms don't like each other much, at least in my experience.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

3. #3 Re: ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount 
    I looked at the TJ one and wondered how well it would work. Still doesn't tie in enough for my liking but definitely better than stock.

Guess I should Have mentioned my current ZJ's are 3.5" lift short arms and 32's and do not see any hard wheelin and never will. (got a built XJ for that) these are dirt road wandering/exploring rigs is all. The first ZJ I tore the bracket off was completely stock and it was pulling out of a driveway. I'd love to triangulate the uppers with long arms just for the ride, but 3.5" doesn't leave much room to do it.

4. #4 Re: ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount 
    Did some googling last night and found one for a JK that's close to what I'm going for.

5. #5 Re: ZJ HD rear Trac bar mount 
    Iron rock offroads bracket kit for the 8.8 swap has a beefy track bar and control arm mount. They come separate but you weld them up together and its solid. I don't know if they sell it separate from the kit, but heres the link. I used that kit 4-5 years ago when I did the 8.8 swap and beat the crap out of it on short arms before I 4 linked it.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/10559.html
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

Thread Information