Thread: Possible Rubicon Trip, in August 2015

1. #1 Possible Rubicon Trip, in August 2015 
    Member Lifetime Supporter Mochisme's Avatar
    Okay, I am going to be in Sacramento for a Wedding on August 8th 2015 and I have been wanting to run the Rubicon Trail from several years now. I know a number of people here have done it in Grands, but I keep seeing things telling me I can not do it without body damage. I would not have worried about that with my ZJ, but my WJ is another story because it is stock and will be staying that way.

Yeah yeah I had some problems at GSW with the transfer case, but that is in the shop being rebuilt right now as well as replacing the front axles as I found a torn CV Boot when I got home. Also I should be receiving my KOR Rock Sliders in a few days and I hope to have them installed before I leave for California (Fingers Crossed).

My research has also shown me that the Jeep Jamboree is taking place the weekend of August 8th (6th, 7th & 8th I think), so I would be looking at going after the 8th and hope there are some other grands that would like to make the run at the same time or anyone for that matter.

If you are interested, please PM me or email at Ted.Coombs,II@gmail.com and lets see what can be put together.

Ted/Mochisme

Yeah I know I have not been on here much in the last year or so, but life forces changes on us all at times.
    Ted

2000 WJ Stock, Towed behind the Motor Home
    2000 Monaco La Palma 34' Class A Motorhome

2. #2 Re: Possible Rubicon Trip, in August 2015 
    My understanding the trail will be closed unless your paying for the Jambo trip.
    Traffic will be terrible as well, I'd avoid that weekend. Your stock grand can run the trail but bumpers WILL catch hell. 33"s would be a minimum but I've seen a stock Tahoe get more than half way pretty much untouched. We won't mention why he only went half way

3. #3 Re: Possible Rubicon Trip, in August 2015 
    Member Lifetime Supporter Mochisme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilzWarrior View Post
    My understanding the trail will be closed unless your paying for the Jambo trip.
    Traffic will be terrible as well, I'd avoid that weekend. Your stock grand can run the trail but bumpers WILL catch hell. 33"s would be a minimum but I've seen a stock Tahoe get more than half way pretty much untouched. We won't mention why he only went half way
    It is my understanding that the Jambo as you call it ends on the 8th, but will most likely take up the 9th also.

As it turns out my Grandson is now making the trip with me and informed me we are leaving Sacramento in the 10th and headed to highway 101 and the Ave of the Giants as he has never seen the Redwoods. So once again my Rubicon is put off, but I will do it......
    Ted

2000 WJ Stock, Towed behind the Motor Home
    2000 Monaco La Palma 34' Class A Motorhome

Thread Information