Thread: Cylinder 2 misfire

1. #1 Cylinder 2 misfire 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    GSSW Planner
    So I stopped for gas last night and when I restarted the heap the engine ran really rough, threw code p0302- cylinder 2 misfire. The problem came on suddenly- there was no "lead up" to it.

Swapped plug, coil, and injector with cylinder 1, still had misfire on cylinder 2. Drove it to work today (ran like shit but no choice...), now am getting cylinder 1 and 2 misfire. Cylinder 2 isn't firing at all, but I think 1 is only missing occasionally.

Haven't done a compression test yet. I'm suspicious of a blown head gasket, but no milkshake in the oil fortunately. My experience at this point consists 100% of googling- haven't tackled a problem like this before. Any thoughts or advice on how best to proceed would be greatly appreciated!
    2004 WJ 60\14b ARB\lockrite 37" Nitto mud grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    If there's one thing I like more than Moab and Grand Cherokees, it's a little boy on boy action.

2. #2 Re: Cylinder 2 misfire 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    GSSW Planner
    FWIW it turned out to be a dropped rocker arm (lifter seized up). New lifters on the way, could have been a lot worse.

Sorry to see there's so little action here any more, guess we've all mostly gone our separate ways. Howdy to the few of you that might come across this and remember me from "back in the day" when I lived in Az.
    2004 WJ 60\14b ARB\lockrite 37" Nitto mud grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    If there's one thing I like more than Moab and Grand Cherokees, it's a little boy on boy action.

3. #3 Re: Cylinder 2 misfire 
    Glad you were able to figure it out and that it wasn't more complicated and costly! I thought about your issue but it didn't present like anything I'd experienced and I didn't have any advise.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

Thread Information