Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SF 14 bolt disk brakes

Thread: SF 14 bolt disk brakes

1. #1 SF 14 bolt disk brakes 
    So I've been searching for about a week now for a disk break setup for my semi floater 14bolt. Anone know what works? Or where I can find a backing plate to just do the FF swap with the ten bolt setup?
    98 grand cherokee laredo rolled and rebuilt, 4.5 lift bald 37's, locked dana35/ dana 300 tcase and soon to be 8 lug 44 chevy front axle running 4:10's building a 3 linked chevy 44, and triangulated 4 link 14 bolt rear

96 grand cherokee bone stock.. has death wobble #JEEPLIFE

2. #2 Re: SF 14 bolt disk brakes 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    i've always just hand made the brackets and welded them to the axle tubes. the brackets for chevy 1/2 ton calipers are super easy to make.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

3. #3 Re: SF 14 bolt disk brakes 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    i've always just hand made the brackets and welded them to the axle tubes. the brackets for chevy 1/2 ton calipers are super easy to make.
    Do you have a write up somewhere? What do you start with for The plate?
    98 grand cherokee laredo rolled and rebuilt, 4.5 lift bald 37's, locked dana35/ dana 300 tcase and soon to be 8 lug 44 chevy front axle running 4:10's building a 3 linked chevy 44, and triangulated 4 link 14 bolt rear

4. #4 Re: SF 14 bolt disk brakes 
    What's the difference in the hubs between the FF and the SF? Do I have to do anything different? As far as rotors go? The backing plate part is pretty self explanatory I just can't picture how the axle shaft will mate to the rotor

Thread Information