Thread: Doubler boxes

1. #1 Doubler boxes 
    Who's running any type of doubler box in there Grand? Im looking at the behemoth box, I plan on looking at a dana20 this weekend to put behind it. I would like some more control in the rocks, and, less tire spin and more torque in the snow. , I plan to use my 242hd to build it but I would rather find a 6 pinion planetary set and make that work with a 23 spline long shaft. Any thoughts?

2. #2 Re: Doubler boxes 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    i've run one. they help alot in high traction situations. i wouldn't run a dana 20 behind it though. the double puts alot of stress on all the components after it. i woudl run st least a dana 300.

i've never broken a planetary. the 3 gear vs 6 gear is always an argument but ive never seen a 3 gear break. keep in mind you have another gear reduction after the doubler box so that planetary isn't going to see a shitload of torque.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

3. #3 Re: Doubler boxes 
    Thanks Kraqa. I bought the D20 on friday. I went with that over the d300 or np205 because I would get lower gearing options compared to a 205 and not have to flip it like a 300. Also I plan to upgrade the rear output to an HD 32 spline eventually. And Thanks for the input on planetaries, its a good point. Ive never had or seen problems with them either.

Thread Information