Thread: Belt Tensioner Ideas

1. #1 Belt Tensioner Ideas 
    Has anyone tried to bolt on a TJ belt tensioner onto a ZJ block? I know that they are the same block, but does the bolt diameter, thread pitch and mold allow for it? I'd like to make it easy when replacing belts.

I searched for threads related to this, but didn't come up with anything. I am running a PSC hydro assist kit on my zj. The pump I have doesn't have a belt tensioner on it. I managed to get a belt on it in a ghetto way 3-4 years ago. The belt just broke and I've got to put another one on. I would rather fix it right this time. (At the moment I have to unbolt most of the power steering pump, let it rotate inward, run the belt and then pry the pump back to position and bolt it back in.) It's too much of a pain and I don't want to push my luck.

Thank you in advance.

2. #2 Re: Belt Tensioner Ideas 
    bump. Any ideas?

3. #3 Re: Belt Tensioner Ideas 
    What bracket do you have on the PS pump now? Is it the stock ZJ bracket? If it is, the adjustment for the belt tension should be there. I'm not by my Jeep right now, but the tension is controlled by the idler. Loosen up the middle bolt on the idler and turn the bolt at the end of the pump bracket to control tension. Both should be 15mm if memory serves.

If you don't have a stock PS pump bracket, I can't help you.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

Thread Information