Thread: radiator opinions

1. #1 radiator opinions 
    In the future I am going to rebuild my stock 5.2 in my 94 zj. When I do I plan to use a stroker crank and 5.9 heads to add some more punch. I would like to upgrade my radiator now as I am addressing the cooling system. I found a all aluminum 2 core radiator off flee bay, was wondering if any one had an experience with it or similar.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201119614331?_mwBanner=1

2. #2 Re: radiator opinions 
    Better off sticking with an OEM all copper unit, dissipates heat better and is easily repaired if needed.
    96 4.0 ZJ, 4.5in RE coils with Teraflex arms, Yukon gears, ARB front bumper, 33x12.50 M/TR's, homemade OBA setup....

97 with stuff....

3. #3 Re: radiator opinions 
    that is my issues. the Oem one is not all copper, they have plastic side tanks. I have had 2 die in the last year. So given that this coming summer I actually plan on doing summer wheeling wit my A/C cranking, I would like to invest n a quality radiator to keep her cool.

4. #4 Re: radiator opinions 
    Quote Originally Posted by hansshanks View Post
    that is my issues. the Oem one is not all copper, they have plastic side tanks. I have had 2 die in the last year. So given that this coming summer I actually plan on doing summer wheeling wit my A/C cranking, I would like to invest n a quality radiator to keep her cool.
    Mine is all copper and works great. If you want I could keep an eye out for one and grab it, then you could just pick it up next time you are in Utah.
    96 4.0 ZJ, 4.5in RE coils with Teraflex arms, Yukon gears, ARB front bumper, 33x12.50 M/TR's, homemade OBA setup....

97 with stuff....

5. #5 Re: radiator opinions 
    Pretty sure this is the one I have http://www.amazon.com/CSF-Radiators-...grand+cherokee

97 with stuff....

6. #6 Re: radiator opinions 

97 with stuff....

7. #7 Re: radiator opinions 
    that was informative, but didn't solve anything. I am still leaning towards a aluminum radiator to replace my stock one.

Thread Information