Thread: WJ knuckle swap keeping WJ hubs to run JK 17's, will stock shafts work?

1. #1 WJ knuckle swap keeping WJ hubs to run JK 17's, will stock shafts work? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Everything I find on this swap people keep the 5 on 4.5 pattern. I want to run 285/75R17's, they are almost a 34X11.50. My 33's are small and 35's will be too much work (trust me). There are no narrow 35's, 12.50 is the narrowest I could find. I also want the WJ brakes and knuckles. 17's in 5 on 4.5 are $200+ each and I can get a set of 5 JK Rubicon 17's for $250 all day long. If I keep the WJ hubs, so I can swap to the 5 on 5 pattern, will the stock axle shafts work? I have an 8.8 out back with spacers now so I would just need new ones.

EDIT: Why I ask, people use spacers to fit the ZJ hubs on the WJ knuckle (I know that is hub diameter), and you need different steering because the WJ axle is different as well. Are these differences enough to need WJ axles or a combo there of?
    Last edited by K2; 07-19-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

2. #2 Re: WJ knuckle swap keeping WJ hubs to run JK 17's, will stock shafts work? 
    yep you will be fine!
    I use the later hubs that are still 5x4.5 but have the same face spacing as the WJ ones. MEANING the only dif between my hubs and the WJ ones are bolt pattern. so yes this will work. I not a big advocate for wheel spacers/adapters, but just make sure they are torqued correctly and then torque them again after a few miles just to be sure!

edit... I forgot about the hub spacer. hmm this might change things maybe I still have my notes from when I did hte swap to see the face mounting height of hte WJ vs my later hubs+the JKS spacer.
    Last edited by DJJordache; 07-19-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

Thread Information