Ken L and I did a quick run up Twin Cone on Sunday. I mean quick because I was home around 2:30 in the afternoon. Twin Cone was a decent option since many of the other trails we discussed are still snowed in.

We left The Fort by 9AM and easy traffic to the parking lot at Kenosha.

When we got to the lot we saw numerous Jeeps and etc staging. So we drove up to the access road and did a quick air down to be in front of them all. The strategy worked and we had a clear path all the way to the top. The last couple of years the main trail has been very tame. However this year the rock garden (sorta) and the spurs did up the challenge a little. Still an easy trail. While we had no problems the groups behind us did, as we saw them on the way down spotting themselves through the obstacles. The hill climb seems to change every time I run this trail. This year piece of cake. We looked around at the top and I think it will be awhile before Red Cone is open. Lot of snow. TC however was bone dry. Easy ride back down except for a bit of weaving between the other Jeep groups. Then we aired up and back to town. I used just over a half tank of petrol too. Great way to beat the heat in Highlands Ranch.

I am planning a Jeep trip with clients and fellow AV Nerds and I think TC will be a good fit. Its easy enough with the bypasses for stock rigs but will offer some type of fun for the more built rigs. I will likely do this in mid to end of July.

Keith