Thread: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced!

1. #1 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    The 18th Annual Grand Slam West will be held in Moab, UT June 11-14 2015!

We will post up more info here and on Facebook as we get closer, but we're already looking forward to another great year!

Please visit our Info Site here: http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/
    Last edited by Sandy R; 08-21-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added Info Site link (thanks Todd)

2. #2 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    Reservations made!
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

3. #3 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Way to jump on that Scott

I'll be there next year! Now I just need to fix my CEL so I can register it Is it too early to create a "What do you need to do before GSW '15 thread?"
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

4. #4 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Don't need to clear a CEL to pass emissions. I have one for lack of input from vehicle speed sensor and passed fine.

5. #5 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Mine is emissions related (EVAP canister has a leak).
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

6. #6 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Well then get to work, only 349 days of wrenching left!

7. #7 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    WooHoo. I'll be there. And yes a lot of wrenching between now and then.

8. #8 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
    http://www.aircarecolorado.com/index...-engine-light/

My Vehicle "Check Engine" Light Advisory Failed

What does this have to do with emissions?

Potentially, a lot. When a vehicle's "check engine" light is on, it usually is an indication of significant problems with the emissions control system and/or other systems detected by the vehicle's onboard computer.

Effective April 1, 2003, an illuminated "check engine" light is no longer a mandatory pass/fail component of the emissions testing process. If the "check engine" light is illuminated, it is noted on the vehicle inspection report each motorist receives at the end of the emissions testing procedure. However, it is an informational tool for the motorist, rather than a reason for failure.

Inspection of the "check engine" light is meant to protect you - the motorist - and Colorado's air quality. Although the emissions testing cycle can be completed, the light can indicate problems with the vehicle. If problems associated with the "check engine" light are not diagnosed in a timely fashion, costly repairs may be waiting down the road. If properly diagnosed and repaired, your vehicle may experience improved emissions, drivability and fuel economy.

In many instances, repairs or replacement of certain emissions control components are covered under the manufacturer's warranty . However, failure to maintain your vehicle (including necessary maintenance when a "check engine" light indicates a problem) may void the warranty.

So, if your "check engine" light is lit when it's not supposed to be, your vehicle may be trying to tell you something. Do yourself a favor and have it checked out by a good repair technician. Your vehicle (and your wallet) will thank you.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

9. #9 Re: 2015 Grand Slam West Dates Announced! 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
    http://www.aircarecolorado.com/index...-engine-light/

My Vehicle "Check Engine" Light Advisory Failed

What does this have to do with emissions?

Potentially, a lot. When a vehicle's "check engine" light is on, it usually is an indication of significant problems with the emissions control system and/or other systems detected by the vehicle's onboard computer.

Effective April 1, 2003, an illuminated "check engine" light is no longer a mandatory pass/fail component of the emissions testing process. If the "check engine" light is illuminated, it is noted on the vehicle inspection report each motorist receives at the end of the emissions testing procedure. However, it is an informational tool for the motorist, rather than a reason for failure.

Inspection of the "check engine" light is meant to protect you - the motorist - and Colorado's air quality. Although the emissions testing cycle can be completed, the light can indicate problems with the vehicle. If problems associated with the "check engine" light are not diagnosed in a timely fashion, costly repairs may be waiting down the road. If properly diagnosed and repaired, your vehicle may experience improved emissions, drivability and fuel economy.

In many instances, repairs or replacement of certain emissions control components are covered under the manufacturer's warranty . However, failure to maintain your vehicle (including necessary maintenance when a "check engine" light indicates a problem) may void the warranty.

So, if your "check engine" light is lit when it's not supposed to be, your vehicle may be trying to tell you something. Do yourself a favor and have it checked out by a good repair technician. Your vehicle (and your wallet) will thank you.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

Thread Information