Thread: ls swap help

1. #1 ls swap help 
    I have wheeled an xj for a while and do quite wel with it. But ive always wanted to do a grand. Perticularly a wj. Well i got a 99 limited in great shape, minus motor and trans, 4.7, for $800. So i figured it would be wise to just do a swap. I love the ls series engines and am fairly fimiliar with working on them. I saw a build thread on here and am very interested. And will shortly be doing this.

Im lookig for information from anybody who has done this swap and could give me any more info.
    Im probably using a 5.3 with a few bolt ons. Either a 4l60e or 4l80 depending on what i find. Any information or help would be appreciated.

2. #2 Re: ls swap help 
    Google 5.3 jeeps pirate 4x4. Tons and tons of info, but there's lots of crap too. But well worth the long read IMHO. I'm planning a 5.3 swap in my zj right now too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4.5" front custom 3-link, dual triangulated 4 link, 35s, custom front bumper. upcoming: custom belly skid, rear bumper, rocker cutout/boatsides, half doors

3. #3 Re: ls swap help 
    Been checking all over had not even thought about pirate boy im slow.. but stil open to any info here daves jeep was the builder on. The one on here.

4. #4 Re: ls swap help 
    I guess the big problem im facing is i would like to keep as much of the jeep functioning. I know pretty much if i pull the stock computer nothing in the heep will work. So its kinda like running a standalone and tying it into the stock computer somehow. Thats the part that i get lost. Got to love the wj everyhing runs through the pcm on this thing.

5. #5 Re: ls swap help 
    Downtowncb's the polar bear kept the stock jeep stuff, check out his thread. His was an obd2 zj so I imagine the wiring will be a little similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4.5" front custom 3-link, dual triangulated 4 link, 35s, custom front bumper. upcoming: custom belly skid, rear bumper, rocker cutout/boatsides, half doors

6. #6 Re: ls swap help 
    the 5.3 jeeps thread on pirate will be your best resource for keeping your stock gages and speedometer working, its not that difficult, you need to keep the stock PCM in place as well as the GM PCM and run your signals to gages ect through the stock one.. its all been done and written up its just up to you to find what you need..

7. #7 Re: ls swap help 
    Going to have to keep hunting. If any of you stumble across the any thing let me know

8. #8 Re: ls swap help 
    quite an old post did you ever complete it I have done the swap

Thread Information