Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Barn off-road Comanche

Thread: Barn off-road Comanche

1. #1 Barn off-road Comanche 
    Hey starting my first build thread but by no means my first build. Picked up this Comanche in November with the purpose of building a shop truck / daily driver. Something thats fun and easy to drive reliable and could haul parts for the shop. It was very important to start with the right foundation for this build ( 4.0, 5 speed manual, and the short bed) I managend to get all this on trade for a dirt bike.This is how she sat when I picked her up. (don't bother correcting my spelling because I don't care I'm a builder not a writer)

First thing I had to change was that old school front clip.

Scored this complete clip of a friend's 01 xj

To fit the 35's the previous owner trimmed and trimmed then trimmed some more! I had to correct that so next I did the obvious thing and SOA lifted the rear with a Ford 8.8. Scored a 4.10 ratio disk break 31 spline rear end for $200 at the local yard. For the front to match I put a set of fully adjustable CA's with 4.5 springs.

How she sits after the lift and Ford 8.8 SOA conversion

Next it was time to remedy the awful trimming. So I did the only thing that seemed fit and gave the guys at hannemann fiberglass a call and got these!

How they look after some Bed liner underneath and some camo green up top.

Managed to get the fronts installed, aftet all it was a busy weekend between the lift, axle swap, and body work! The rear will have to wait until this newenglad weather clears up just a bit.

All cleaned up and head on view.

Future plans include

Rear fiber glass
    Frame repair
    Rear locker and truss
    Front axle swap/build
    Update interior
    Fix/boat side rocker panels
    And wheeling lots of wheeling

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tower93zj; 03-20-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Thread Information