Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lincoln 350MP Modifications

Thread: Lincoln 350MP Modifications

1. #1 Lincoln 350MP Modifications 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    you start doing random projects you've always wanted to do.

My next focus is on tools. i have a Lincoln 350MP (Multiprocess) welder. Its a great machine. it will do stick, MIG, DC Lift Arc Tig, Gouging, and will run a spool gun.

The annoying thing is that in order to switch from one to another you have to swap cables around. it only takes 5 min to lift open the side and swap them, but if you have tool storage ontop of the welder it requires that to be removed.

the main thing is that for TIG you need to swap so the electrode is negative and the ground clam becomes positive.

for stick you need to bolt leads onto the terminal posts inside the cabinet.

so i got some DINSE panel mount quick connects and went to town.

here is the welder

the connectors

I also got a cable cover for the TIG line, and a hand control. The idea for the hand control is that i can leave it hooked up at all times. If i want the foot control then i will have to flip open the welder and swap the connector. My hopes are that i will get good enough with the hand control in out of position welding (IE roll cages) that i wont need the petal.

Panel marked out

panel mount connectors installed

you can see the old wiring. the large brass thing is the TIG torch lead. If you leave this hooked up at all times all you need to do it change the welders settings and swap the ground on the front of the welder.

here it is finished on the inside

here is the new hand control on the TIG torch.

"ground" (its not really a ground since it is positive) for TIG welding

Ground or MIG welding

and the finished product

The next project is a new rack for the top of the welder, some storage for TIG filler rods and a double bottle rack for the back side.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

2. #2 Re: Lincoln 350MP Modifications 
    Nice mod! Makes things a lot easier now.
    '94 ZJ RC 4" X-flex short arms, 33x12.50x15 trimmed front fenders. Does its job.

3. #3 Re: Lincoln 350MP Modifications 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Thanks. I'm not sure i like the north south control on the torch. When your adjusting it its hard not to move the electrode causing a shitty looking weld.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Thread Information