Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

1 ton zj - Page 5

Thread: 1 ton zj

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. #101 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    I find it amusing that some of the full-bodied ZJ guys aren't chiming in even after years of experience with an exo cage.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

2. #102 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Would like to know how some other people like theirs. I'm not a fan of body damage at all. So if it keeps us safe and will help protect the body I'm in.

3. #103 Re: 1 ton zj 
    You don't like body damage?

4. #104 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Hahaha nope. But I fixed it.

That's so I could fit 38s with 4 inches of lift. Sitting on stock springs just moved the coil mounts to bottom of frame. Since I stretched it 10 inches some panels got a sawsall touch.

5. #105 Re: 1 ton zj 
    That wasn't gonna work.

Even fixed the door

All boxed in. Still need to seam seal

Not a good day on the trail. That is body damage.

6. #106 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I'm just giving you a hard time. The fit and finish of your work looks pretty high quality. But from experience, the guys I've seen trying to maintain the full body status, end up doing more damage trying to protect that sweet body.

7. #107 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I figured. Haha I am curious how they hold up after being rubbed down a tree a few times or flopped on its side. If I will be able to still open doors after wheeling for a year or two. I try to pick good lines but won't turn down a challenge. At least in my old rig.

8. #108 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got alot done since last update. Body work has been done to my ability. D/A the whole thing down to metal in spots and got all the bad spots out. Winshield is out and back glass out.

Painted the front springs and retainer plates. And lowered the lower coil mounts 2 inches. They were temperairly tacked in to high.

Jams done

Ready for the paint booth and weather permitting it will go tomorrow

9. #109 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Looking good!
    93 ZJ 3.5" RE Superflex kit, KOR Stealth Rear bumper with carrier, Nates 4x4 Front Stinger bumper, Surco Safari Rack, HP D30 , Ford 8.8 Locked, Trimmed out on both ends with 33" Toyo Open Country M/T's

10. #110 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Thanks.

Loaded up and taken to the paint shop.

Hoping for for early next week getting it back

11. #111 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got it back today. The pics don't give the color justice. Kold steel kustomz in Middletown did a great job with a al the moisture problems we had. So over the rain.

In sealer.

1st coat of green.

2nd coat.

Done and sunning it's self outside.

At home in the garage.

Gonna pull it out tomorrow and start putting the trim back on. Hope to have it together in 2 weeks and take it out.

12. #112 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Been a while since an update. It is wheel able now.

The cage on

Only thing putting the cage back on. One of my helpers had a wedding ring on and the cage pinned it between the cage and door.

Repainted the beadlocks rings and re sealed the beads. Also added 14 Oz of bbs in the tires to balance them.

Winch roller fairlead plate.

My helpers washing it.

A little flex shot

Trying to find the coolant leak

Found it. Day ending radiator Crack made it off the trails and on the trailer.

Made it home.

13. #113 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Very nice! At least it is an easy fix, and pretty cheap at that. What size tires are those? They look tiny with how big and high it is.
    93zj build. 4.0 aw4, 231, 60s, and 37s. Some cutting and some welding.

14. #114 Re: 1 ton zj 
    They are 38x13x16 tsl. I cut the fenders to hopefully handle 40s at full bump

It is on stock springs and home built mounts on front and Barnes 4wd brackets in rear

15. #115 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Very nice truck, please don’t take this the wrong way.
    It’s a shame the truck looks so clean without the Exo. It almost looks out of place with it installed.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

16. #116 Re: 1 ton zj 
    No offense taken. Exos aren't for everyone. I liked it without it too but I know me and I would have not liked the big dents at all. Haha. It turned out pretty close to how I thought it would. Close to the body and all doors open. I couldn't ask for more. All the family can ride in it and the a/c works and is cold!!!

17. #117 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I haven't been on here for awhile, the jeep is looking awesome! what size dom tubing did you use for cage? I'm also cutting the rear panel next to the brake light kinda like you do you see a lot of flex when wheeling? that green is cool.

18. #118 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    Any pics of how you did your front upper at the frame side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Thread Information