Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

1 ton zj - Page 4

Thread: 1 ton zj

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #76 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePower View Post
    You described exactly what I wanted to see of orbital.

You can post picture of hydro lines on orbital anyway.
    A few pics. It's kinda hard to see all the lines. I made them all female on the lines so I only have to carry one spare. The longest one. I made them loop a little so the system will hold a little more fluid. I'm gonna run amsoil tractor fluid.

2. #77 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    are you running the stock pump? any idea how its gonna work?
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

3. #78 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    are you running the stock pump? any idea how its gonna work?
    The guy off hardline that was selling the orbitals said that's all he used was stock pump. Said it had enough pressure to do it. A buddy of mine has the same orbital and stock gm high flow pump and double ended setup and it works. Will keep you posted. I'm just as nervous. Hahaha

4. #79 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got some fluid for my steering today.

got measurements on hard break lines too. Hope to start this thing up in a week or 2.

5. #80 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjmartin View Post
    The guy off hardline that was selling the orbitals said that's all he used was stock pump. Said it had enough pressure to do it. A buddy of mine has the same orbital and stock gm high flow pump and double ended setup and it works. Will keep you posted. I'm just as nervous. Hahaha

Keep us updated. I am wondering how this works out. I was planning on doing a surplus ram and tapping my own box but if this orbital is a decent price and uses the stock pump I might go that route. Don't need full hydro on a 44 but I don't see any reason not to do it on a trail rig.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

6. #81 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by UTChavok View Post
    Keep us updated. I am wondering how this works out. I was planning on doing a surplus ram and tapping my own box but if this orbital is a decent price and uses the stock pump I might go that route. Don't need full hydro on a 44 but I don't see any reason not to do it on a trail rig.
    I tapped my own box on my old Cj when I replaced it. Never hooked it up but it wasn't to bad of a job. I don't know if this guy is still doing this because he did it thru his work and was hard to get a hold of. Alot of people bashed his communication and probably ruined it for everybody. I will look for those old links and try to post.

7. #82 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got my new battery yesterday. Optima 34/78. Mounted one of the artec boxes I got from cue-ball. The cargo area is finished minus wiring up the battery.

8. #83 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Good work!

A couple of questions. By relocating the battery, are you making room under the hood for something? Also, are you going to put something over the battery or build another enclosure for it to prevent something from falling across the terminals and shorting it out?

Keep it up, looks great!
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

9. #84 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I moved the front axle forward 4-5 inches. The battery box and air box hung down to low. Had to cut them both out and re box them. Had no room under the hood for them anymore. I will put something over the positive terminal for sure but haven't figured that one out yet

10. #85 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    hows this coming/ any closer to wheeling?
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

11. #86 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    hows this coming/ any closer to wheeling?
    It is really close. Big milestone tonight. I got all the wiring done and exhaust done. Started it for the first time in almost 2 years. I had a little problem with the frame ground but found it a little loose.

Pass side start

No pics from that to full y pipe.

anti plug fowler cut in half became my new weld in bung.

This connects to y pipe with a full clamp so it can come off. I won't have to drop the cross member to get the exhaust out.

And there was 3 different lengths of o2 sensor wires. I got the longest 24" long. Had plenty of room and had to put a loop in it to keep it off the pipes.

12. #87 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Waiting on my conversion joint for the rear drive shaft at the 14 bolt. It should be in tomorrow. Then that will go in. Still need to build the front shaft but will be able to move it under its own power. I have the hard lines for the rear breaks but need to do the front. Then paint and exo. Then I will do shocks so I can get the right size for shocks/bumps at ride height. Looking good for spring unveiling.

13. #88 Re: 1 ton zj 

14. #89 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got alot done since my last post.

My boy helping me install u joints and even helped install the rear drive shaft.

Last shot before the exo cage starts.

Last edited by zjmartin; 03-02-2015 at 08:15 PM.

15. #90 Re: 1 ton zj 

All my test bends

Used pieces of a 2x4 to keep my spacing the same.

I need to work the last angle more but that bar will bend back to the fender or over to the bumper too. Haven't decided yet.

Last edited by zjmartin; 03-02-2015 at 08:17 PM.

16. #91 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Looks great. Are you using a bender or a roller or both?
    93zj build. 4.0 aw4, 231, 60s, and 37s. Some cutting and some welding.

17. #92 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I only have a bender right now. I would have liked to roll the two bars at the windshield to match the curve but Wil probably just have a little bend at the ends. I don't want it to look to much like a box. I want it to have some shape to it.

18. #93 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Made an executive decision and cut the back of the cage off. Didn't like it and it stuck to far off the body.

I got it tighter to the body and actually have more room to open the hatch now. Shortened the bar behind the rear doors and got the bar to follow the body line better. Just have the front end and bumper and the cross bars on the roof and it's done. 

19. #94 Re: 1 ton zj 
    It really is coming together now. It's the home stretch. Tried moving it today and that didn't go to good. Ended up the transmission was 3 quarts low. I changed the filter and fluid and put back in what O'Reilly said. Guess it was low or not enough. First time I have had breaks to shift gears against.
    Front end stance

Back is almost done. Just a few bars to add after it goes back on after paint.

Top from drivers rear.

Also got all the welding done I could reach. Tacked it on bottom sides best I could and will finish weld that when it comes off for paint.

20. #95 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Waiting on my stinger and will be working on the front fenders and bumper.

21. #96 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Nice tube work!
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

22. #97 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Thanks it's been a learning curve for sure.

Got alot done.

Thinking about trimming the corners off and plating at the same angle as the upper bars. Don't know tho

Still a few more bars and gussets and bars to go but may be done until it comes off for final weld.

23. #98 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Lifted right off without the headlight panel on and with some muscle it came off. Rubbed the front fenders a little. We will have to have blankets over the jeep and rags over the bars to protect the new paint.

All bars on and ready to come off.

Ready to come off

Took it to the old house for final weld and maybe paint.

24. #99 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Looks reaaly good. Are you tying into an internal x for support?
    93zj build. 4.0 aw4, 231, 60s, and 37s. Some cutting and some welding.

25. #100 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Internal cage is in the future but not before I take it out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thread Information