Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

1 ton zj - Page 3

Thread: 1 ton zj

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckrollercoaster View Post
    All kinds of good stuff here. I friggin love this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks hope to be done soon. Wife is pushing for a new house so we all can guess what will be put on the back burner

2. #52 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Looks good man!! alot of plating I have been debating on cutting out the rear wheel wells but haven't done it.. Looking at your pics i will most likely do it now!

3. #53 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by cache96 View Post
    Looks good man!! alot of plating I have been debating on cutting out the rear wheel wells but haven't done it.. Looking at your pics i will most likely do it now!
    It wasn't to bad. Only advice I have is cut a little at a time. I went to town with a sawzall. And when welding go slow. The heat started to warp the outer fender. But I do think it looks cleaner than the fold back and weld method. I used a 6" pipe to bend the inner fender around to match the shape. Good luck

4. #54 Re: 1 ton zj 
    The Easter Bunny came early. He ordered me parts earlier this week. Hahahaha

The fuel rail adapter fitting is
    Russell efi push on 5/16" the sending unit end is ⅜". It was out of stock and will be here around Wednesday

It looks purdy on there

Fuel line

The adapter fitting from the cylinder to hydro lines x2

5. #55 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Been a long time since an update. The wife got her new house and we close on thurs. So guess what stopped getting my time. Yep the build. With that being said.

Got the fuel cell mounted and plumbed for the most part. Had to wait on the sending unit fitting for 3 weeks.

Also decided to go all stainless braided for the brake lines from the valve to the axle side t. A lot easier to run.

6. #56 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Update?

7. #57 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan3216 View Post
    Update?
    I wish there was some great things to put on here. But....... the wife got her new house and I've been working like crazy on the new one getting it painted and move in ready. We have been in it for a month or so. The old house I've done all the stuff I put off so we can sell it. It's on the market now. Everything is moved BUT the jeep. Hope to start on it again very soon. At least the new house already has 220 in the garage so once it's here I'll start back up.

8. #58 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the jeep to the new house last week. Gonna try to finish up all the loose ends before starting on something new. Steering lines,brakes,button up the fuel, and get the battery cables to the back. What a start list. Need to get it mobile so it's easier to move than on the wheel dollies

9. #59 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got it done sooner than I thought. Hope I fit inside it. HahHahah :p

I know it was already on the Internet but we had an extra pumpkin and I was feeling creative.

10. #60 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Made a really big dent in the list. This weekend. Hydro lines ran and mounted. Fuel line finished and mounted. Brake lines ran and secured from orbital to axle T.

11. #61 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Also got the headlights put on. The old headlight grill support was broken and when I took it off to mount the cooler it broke in half.

If I don't say so it is looking good and like a jeep again. I feel better just having the grill and lights on

12. #62 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the rock sliders up on stands

Front stand off mount

Front two are straight. 3 and 4 mounts needed bent

All the bars

Hope to have them mocked up and welded by tomorrow night

13. #63 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    all that cutting and you keep the stock rocker?

why not remove it and gain some clearance?
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

14. #64 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Not ready to cut into the body yet (cab). Build was supposed to be done already but had to put it on hold for a few months. Maybe eventually but not yet
    Last edited by zjmartin; 12-01-2014 at 03:23 PM.

15. #65 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    I'm not wanting to chop the pretty body but I also know that I need to do certain strengthening ie rocker replacement instead of tacking on some sliders especially on my dubjay like long term body support and the total fact that most of us eventually go that route anyway!
    Just some thoughts.
    "ZJ's were designed with the intention to take 1 really good hit, and fold up. As long as the occupants walked away, it was a success. In the wheeling world, we expect our vehicles to take multiple really good hits, drive out of it, and run the obstacle again!"

16. #66 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Crawler ZJ View Post
    I'm not wanting to chop the pretty body but I also know that I need to do certain strengthening ie rocker replacement instead of tacking on some sliders especially on my dubjay like long term body support and the total fact that most of us eventually go that route anyway!
    Just some thoughts.
    I completely plated unibody from front to back on sides and bottom with quarter and 3/16 steel. That's what my sliders are welded to. If that won't give me enough support for the exo cage to mount off of the sliders I don't know what will. The sliders are 2x4 3/16 box with 4 1 3/4 dom standoffs

At least when I do decide to cut more I have a strong base to work off of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Crawler ZJ View Post
    Just some thoughts.

17. #67 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got driverside done and almost welded up. Went a head and painted them so they had good coverage. Got to finish weld driverside and mount the passenger but it is done and painted too

18. #68 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Merry Christmas

Nice build!

I will also put full hidro in my ZJ. All parts are here now I only need time to put them in.
    Can you make photo of orbital so all lines are visible?
    I wonder if you mounted steering cooler (on return line)?

19. #69 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I will when we get home. Let me know exactly what your wanting to see of the orbital. And yes the cooler is ran from return out of orbital to bottom of cooler and the out of the cooler to the pump reservoir

20. #70 Re: 1 ton zj 
    You described exactly what I wanted to see of orbital.

You can post picture of hydro lines on orbital anyway.

21. #71 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    I could see the support tubes getting hung up on rocks quite easily.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

22. #72 Re: 1 ton zj 
    The build looks awsome man! Are you only running one upper to your front axle or do you have one over the pumpkin too?
    98 grand cherokee laredo rolled and rebuilt, 4.5 lift bald 37's, locked dana35/ dana 300 tcase and soon to be 8 lug 44 chevy front axle running 4:10's building a 3 linked chevy 44, and triangulated 4 link 14 bolt rear

96 grand cherokee bone stock.. has death wobble #JEEPLIFE

23. #73 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by ELLLLLIOTTTTT View Post
    I could see the support tubes getting hung up on rocks quite easily.
    Thought about running something down the supports to let rocks slide but we don't do a lot of big rocks that I think will hang me up. That will be one I address from the back burner if needed.

24. #74 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by FOUR.GO View Post
    The build looks awsome man! Are you only running one upper to your front axle or do you have one over the pumpkin too?
    Thanks!! Yes 3 link and a panhard bar. Hope it flexes good. Hahaha we ran the numbers on a link calculator and they were good. But we will see

25. #75 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Went with running the battery cables from rear cargo area to engine bar thru frame. Ran two 1/0 wires sleeved in 5/8 heater hose

Unknown pain in the a$$ job this became. The unibody and dog house were two separate pieces. Had to cut an access hole in floor and cut away some metal so we could feed it from one to the other.

Flipped back up part of the cut out. Will cover with a piece of sheet metal and rtv

Where the lines came up in cargo area

Engine bay wired up. Extra wire ran for future 2nd battery

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thread Information