Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

1 ton zj - Page 2

Thread: 1 ton zj

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjmartin View Post
    We can bring guests with us. One member rig per guest rig is the rule. Usually 4 or 5 members and 1 or 2 guest go in our group. When I get it done if you wanna make the drive you can come check it out and wheel with us.
    Heck yeah! I need to finish mine still.

2. #27 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Here is the door after filling in

Inner fender

Door shut

Got my fuel cell I ordered. RCI made it for me minus the 2 pickups and the gas gauge sender. I'll mount my genright jeep sending unit adapter right in the middle

3. #28 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the genright fuel adapter ring installed on the fuel cell tonight. I used a ¼" drill bit for the holes. Then marked out the center hole and cut it with a jig saw with a metal blade. I did put masking tape down to protect the cell

The gasket maker I used. Seemed a little thin but got sticky quick

Adapter on

All together. If anyone does this put the o ring in the adapter NOT on the sender. It doesn't fit that way. Ask me how I know.

4. #29 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Been trying to get back at it after the holidays and cold weather. Got the inner fender on passenger side almost done.

Rough fit

Also got all the steering fittings and column adapter. Hope to finish that soon.

5. #30 Re: 1 ton zj 
    What are you going to do with your inner qtr panels after you remade the inner fender wells? Also where did you get the hydro box?
    '94 ZJ RC 4" X-flex short arms, 33x12.50x15 trimmed front fenders. Does its job.

6. #31 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I am hoping to use the factory panel. I am going to try to cut it just past where the seat belt is toward the back. So all that will be exposed will be the inner fender where I bent it. That side had the pocket in it so we will see how it turns out. I'm at least going to put it in to the seatbelt to keep as clean look in the back seat.

Got real far last night on the inner fender. Only pic I got though.

7. #32 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Fender all boxed in

Got the trim panel cut to fit. Don't know if I like where the storage bin was but I want to leave the trim in.

Got it painted too but no pics of it all done yet

8. #33 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Wow! Looks far better than how I cut mine out! Lol
    Keep up the good work bud!
    '94 ZJ RC 4" X-flex short arms, 33x12.50x15 trimmed front fenders. Does its job.

9. #34 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the jeep spun around in the garage this past weekend. Now I can start on the driver side rear fender.

Took a break on the fenders to work on the steering a little bit. Got the new pump.

Made templates for the orbital mount. Plan on using the steering gear mounting holes to bolt the bracket to the frame

And cut the steering shaft so it will slip in and out. It was pressed at the stock length. Grinded off the pressed part and now it slips

Stock length 21"

Collapsed to 16"

Also had to file a little on the inner shaft cause it had some kind of a coating that made it to tight to slip easy.

10. #35 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the bracket for the orbital made up. It was harder than I thought it would be to fit it in there. It ended making the steering shaft a little closer to the header than I wanted but ended up good. If I would have angled it the orbital lines would have ran close to the belt.

The reason for the bracket. The unibody has an offset where the steering box was.

Test fit

All mounted up

Ran wire for the lengths of the hydro lines. Got them all mocked up.

May run this one in front of the upper bracket. But there is more room than it looks.

11. #36 Re: 1 ton zj 
    I like that orbital mount. Jeeps looking good!
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

12. #37 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Nice build man! The rear fenders came out bad ass, I may do the same when I try to stick some larger tires under mine.
    94-5.2-231-8.8-Narrowed HP44-36's
    03 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
    02 WJ 4.7 HO

13. #38 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Thanks guys.

Back on the fenders. Got the fuel door opening closed up. The opening had a rolled lip that made it easy to fit the filler piece in and weld. I completely welded the outside and put a lot of tacks on the inside on that lip.

The inside

14. #39 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the rear fenders done. The trim panel is trimmed.

How I think I'm going to set the tank. To keep room for the batteries. If they don't fit on the other side I'll center the tank.

Passenger side

When I get my battery boxes I'll see if they fit in the extra space. If not I'll back up and punt and try something else with them.

15. #40 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Still waiting on the battery boxes to show up i bought from cue-ball. But I splurged a little on the fuel cell. New artec hold down brackets.

16. #41 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjmartin View Post

And cut the steering shaft so it will slip in and out. It was pressed at the stock length. Grinded off the pressed part and now it slips

Stock length 21"

those are some damn strong scissors
    Last edited by ultimate fighter; 03-22-2014 at 10:46 AM.

17. #42 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
    those are some damn strong scissors
    Takes a strong grip and sharp blade. Hahahaha

18. #43 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Got the front driver side fender done for the most part last night.

Stock

After cut out

Inside fender

From engine compartment

All painted up

19. #44 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Pass side what a mess. All the electrical stuff plus a battery temp sensor,a vacuum box under the battery tray and seems like all the a/c lines. Just more stuff to work around.

Here is the engine bay with the fuse box and wires pulled back.

20. #45 Re: 1 ton zj 
    All fenders are reboxed and painted.

Pass side engine bay. I plan on a high amp junction box for the hot leads.

And some fun stuff begins

Started laying out the winch plate and how to mount it. All the exo cage will tie in at the bumper and stinger in front.

Also got all the steering lines made at a local shop. Great prices and good people. Eagle equipment in franklin.

21. #46 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    All kinds of good stuff here. I friggin love this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

22. #47 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Cut out the center of the front sheetmetal crossmember and tuck the winch up next to the radiator - you'll knock a few inches off the front end. Also mount it with the feet facing forward (rotated 90 degrees from where it is now) if at all possible.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

23. #48 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    Cut out the center of the front sheetmetal crossmember and tuck the winch up next to the radiator - you'll knock a few inches off the front end. Also mount it with the feet facing forward (rotated 90 degrees from where it is now) if at all possible.
    Why rotate the winch? Does it make it a stronger mount? I do plan on having a piece of plate straight up along the backside with a few gussets to keep the plate from bending up from winching

24. #49 Re: 1 ton zj 
    With the feet facing forward, you aren't relying solely on 4 small bolts to hold the winch in alignment and attached to the vehicle (or the other way around) when using it.

edit: That said, thousands of people have mounted winches feet down and haven't killed any bus loads of nuns, but it's not the strongest method.
    Last edited by IndyZJ; 04-04-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

25. #50 Re: 1 ton zj 
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    With the feet facing forward, you aren't relying solely on 4 small bolts to hold the winch in alignment and attached to the vehicle (or the other way around) when using it.

edit: That said, thousands of people have mounted winches feet down and haven't killed any bus loads of nuns, but it's not the strongest method.
    Thanks. Good idea if I can make it mount that way I probably will

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thread Information