Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Artec Truss for 8.8

Thread: Artec Truss for 8.8

1. #1 Artec Truss for 8.8 
    Anyone running the Artec truss for the 8.8? Im just about ready to install in the vehicle and when I was test fitting, I can tell Im going to have issues with shock fitment! I replaced my worn out doestech tech shocks with some rough country's just to get by, and the base where the shock mounts is too wide to fit in the bracket that came with the truss. Anyone run into this or know what shocks to get? They will work if I invert them but they arent designed for that and it will ride like a tank. Well, even more like a tank!
    93 ZJ 3.5" RE Superflex kit, KOR Stealth Rear bumper with carrier, Nates 4x4 Front Stinger bumper, Surco Safari Rack, HP D30 , Ford 8.8 Locked, Trimmed out on both ends with 33" Toyo Open Country M/T's

2. #2 Re: Artec Truss for 8.8 
    well some guy just showed me pics of his install with rough country shocks with no problems.....guess I might have to take a grinder to the shock mount tabs and see if I can massage em in enough. Still think its odd though.
    93 ZJ 3.5" RE Superflex kit, KOR Stealth Rear bumper with carrier, Nates 4x4 Front Stinger bumper, Surco Safari Rack, HP D30 , Ford 8.8 Locked, Trimmed out on both ends with 33" Toyo Open Country M/T's

3. #3 Re: Artec Truss for 8.8 
    I had some shock fitment issues with mine. The bracket was way too bulky and the body of the shock was making love to it. After some cutting and grinding, I got it to work with no problems. I wish I had realized this issue before welding everything on and installing the axle. The fix has been thoroughly trail tested and it works issue free. I did a 8.8 Artec truss for a TJ shortly after mine (had mine for almost a year before install) and the shock bracket looked almost identical to the ones I modified. It seemed like they fixed the issue. Did you purchase your kit recently?

Before

After

This is the TJ axle with different shack brackets.

94 ZJ 5.2, 46RH, 242/SYE, HPD30/Aussie/Chromos/760's/RuffStuff Cover,
    8.8/LockRight/Artec Truss/Riddler, 4.10's, 6.5", Mopar Performance ECU, 35x13.50" BFG Blues...
    83 CJ7 4.2, 88 XJ 4.0, 99 XJ 4.0

4. #4 Re: Artec Truss for 8.8 
    I got it about 9 months ago i guess, thats exactly what is going on with mine so thanks for the picture, thats what I thougth id have to do! Just wanted to see if anyone had run into the issue as well, I called Artec and they basically told me that "all shocks are different, and I might need to cut or grind" I dont have a prob doing that! Thanks for the info though!

Thread Information