Thread: Twin Cone Meteor Shower Night Run Aug 10th

1. #1 Twin Cone Meteor Shower Night Run Aug 10th 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Kyle, Tyl1er, Tyler's two Sons and I ran Twin Cone Saturday night Aug 10th. The goal was to see the meteor shower. We left the Fort Parking area around 8:45 PM. The trail is a different dynamic in the evening. I ran it last year with my daughter for a night run and its becoming a favorite way to do TC.

We made it to the hill with out any issues. The hill proved a challenge at the top because of the mud from the rains earlier in the evening. This is where we regretted not airing down. Kyle almost made it to the top, but could not get past the last 100 feet or so. I suppose it would have been different if he air'd down or had a locker. We decided to squeeze Tyler's rig around him. It was tighter than a RCH between Kyle's and Tyler's Jeeps. Interesting expressions on Kyle's face. We had to air Tyler down to get that last 100 feet. He walked after that. Then strapped Kyle up the rest of the hill. I appologize for enlarging the ruts on the hill. Well maybe some will appreciate it. Anyway we then made it to the large rock just passed the hill climb.

Broke out a camp stove to make instant coffee and hot chocolate as it was pretty cold up there. The sky was clear at the top and we saw a dozen or two meteors pass over in a two hour period. Pretty cool to see.

The trip back down was pretty quick. Interestignly we observed some pretty wild looking large mushrooms on the sides of the trail. We drove back to Denver which proved to be a challenge to stay awake.

Good times with a good group.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

2. #2 Re: Twin Cone Meteor Shower Night Run Aug 10th 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    That's awesome

3. #3 Re: Twin Cone Meteor Shower Night Run Aug 10th 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    It was an awesome demonstration of the advantage of airing down!!!
    01 WJ

Thread Information