Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj?

Thread: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj?

1. #1 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    I found what was supposed to be a grand clutch/brake pedal assy from a grand at a parts yard in CO. It doesnt really look like it would fit just taking a look under the dash and the tag on the part just says cherokee. I looked online and could only find a couple pics that showed pics of a zj mount. I can't find a part # on the mount either unless its hidden by the pedals. Anyone know for sure by looking at this pic.

Oh ya that is a tj mount on the right. And zj? Mount on left.

"Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

2. #2 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    Guess title should say manual trans swappers since the pedals are not limited on number of gears. Also dont know why the whole pic is not showing.
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

3. #3 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    From what I have read in the past the early XJ pedal assembly works in the ZJ .

4. #4 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    Ya i have seen some say they just swap pedal from an xj and some say the swap ir real easy with little modding. Then seen a couple say it requires a lot of mods to make it fit. Guess it depends on who is doing the mods or year models maybe. Guess ill get out there in the morn and do some more indepth checking.

I just bought it from a yard as a grand clutch pedal box/mount for a '94 grand. I was trying to find out if that is what i have. Guess i need to go out there and try to put it in. Either way i'm not sending it back, ill make it work or have a spare.

5. #5 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    that is a set of xj pedals. best way to figure out if they fit is take out your stock zj pedals and compare the brackets, then cut and shape to fit. Thats what I did

6. #6 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    Ya i found this a couple days ago just didn't post it

http://crd4x4parts.com/pedal-assembl...cherokees.html

Don't bother looking for a zj. They do not have one. They do have a master slave unit and clutch parts, just not the clutch pedal and bracket.

7. #7 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    Here is a pic of the top. I prolly could separate the 2 boxes and use the xj brake box for a zj clutch. Just have to mod the pedal some.

8. #8 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    look at the pics on this page of my JF thread, they show how I modified the xj bracket. You will also need to weld on a longer bolt in front(firewall side) of the pin that the master cylinder rod attaches to in order to get the angle/rod throw length right.
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/.../index213.html

9. #9 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    Well if i can get someone to get me some measurements, i want to build my own bracket and pedal all together.

10. #10 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

11. #11 Re: 5 speed swappers, does the pedal assy in this pic look like it came from a zj? 

I would be all over that if it wasnt a day to day and a half drive to get it then the same back. Guess i could call him and ask if he would sale the pedals and the master and slave cylinders.

Thread Information