Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

"The stroller": family wj build - Page 6

Thread: "The stroller": family wj build

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #126 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    We spent a lot of time finding a spot for the hydro assist. It sits lower than I had hoped but this was the only spot for everything to move freely.

And heres how it sits off the lift. It has a little over 8" of chrome showing on the struts but when I'm done adjusting everything it should have about 6" of chrome.

2. #127 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Ted_Z's Avatar
    Damn sexy jeep. Keep up the good work.
    -Ted Z
    '97 Grand Cherokee Laredo w/ stuff
    '02 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ less stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    everytime someone makes a bumper with a stinger, God kills 6 baby Koala's.

3. #128 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Those rotors look so tiny next to all that BEEF.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

4. #129 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJEeP_wj View Post
    We spent a lot of time finding a spot for the hydro assist. It sits lower than I had hoped but this was the only spot for everything to move freely.
    Im currently doing the same on my setup. When you go low everything is a compromise. But it looks great
    93zj build. 4.0 aw4, 231, 60s, and 37s. Some cutting and some welding.

5. #130 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Thanks guys! I got to drive it home on sunday. I need to empty the struts and refill them and then try to get them dialed in. Right now I'm 2.5 inches higher than I will be when I'm all done. I also need to change some stupid design flaws in the radius arm set up. I measured my wheel base, I'm at 115", I think I'm gonna be happy with that. Heres how i drove it home with my battery in the front seat, and jumper cable ran through the window.

6. #131 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Ive been making slow progress on my Jeep. I wired in some 1g wire to the rear and started making my battery box. And I bought this cheap air intake off ebay for 43$, now I can drive with my hood closed.

Ive also been working on setting up the struts, I changed to a heavier weight oil in the shaft, now its time to recharge and dial them in.

I also did some more trimming. I find this to be the best way to do it, masking tape and a cut off wheel/ or body saw. Then run the edges with universal door trimming.

7. #132 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    DubJ looks killer man! Some day ill get mine close to as badass as yours lol Any updates? Im at work living vicariously through you! lol

8. #133 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Thanks man. Not much updates. Been slowly dialing things in. Took it out on some test runs and then drove 3.5 hrs and wheeled it. It did great until i destroyed another MTR/K.

First test run I knocked out both headlights. So I had to trim them a bit.

I didn't get many action shots of my rig this last wheeling trip but it was fun. My dad finally got his zj out on the trail.
    Last edited by CRJEeP_wj; 07-13-2015 at 11:56 PM.

9. #134 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    This is the waterfall you have to cross to get to our camp site.

Here is our campsite, large and secluded and right next to a small lake.

10. #135 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Heres my tire. Any body have a good recommendation for a tough tire that can handle my heavy rig smashing into rocks and trees? Im done with MTRs, I never really wanted to carry an extra 100lbs of spare tire but its looking like I need to now.

11. #136 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    I have heard the nitto trail grappler pit bull rocker and toyo open country m/t have been good against punctures but they are on the heavy side. Let me get a link for you that has all the tire weights

edit: the link no longer works but it was www.tdwonline.net
    it had every tire size listed for a lot of brands but now it looks like they have blocked it unless you are a dealer. it also had all the part numbers for tires and every spec on each one.
    Last edited by Jeep Whore; 07-15-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

12. #137 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    this thing is sick man makes me want to cut mine up more

13. #138 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Its been a few months. I had a slow wheeling season but got it out a few more times since my last update. I got the front dialed in and I'm very happy with it.

I had noticed a small crack at one of the welds from my rear leaf shackle mount so I new my leaf days were numbered. Then after a good weekend of wheeling I decided to look things over again and found this.

Both sides of both shackle hangers looked this way. Im really surprised they lasted as long as they did. So I could have done an easy fix to get me by the rest of the rock crawling season but I want it all done before KOH in february so I decided its time to finish out my plans for the jeep and 4-link the rear.
    Last edited by CRJEeP_wj; 11-22-2015 at 02:22 AM.

14. #139 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    I ordered this 4-link kit early this year so I started tacking it all together.

I started clearing off the axle. Got the frame all plated inside and out and raised my gas tank up and back a few inches.

15. #140 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Links and struts. I used 2 1/4 .375 wall DOM lowers and 2" .25 uppers and reused my creeper joints I had up front.

I bought red 14" ORIs. Once the get broke in I will put them up front and hopefully eventually get red 16" for the rear to match the front.

16. #141 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    I just realized i never posted my tire/wheel combo, so the red ORIs make more sense.

17. #142 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Heres where I am now. Links made and in place, started on strut placement.

18. #143 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    I got my 4-link done and my ride height set for now. sitting next to my buddys TJ on 37s.

I need to work with the struts a bit more. Right now I think my rear pressure is too high causing them to over power the front. I should be able to get a lot more travel out of them once there set right.

19. #144 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Sweet rig, nice work! Are those LTB's, what size?
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

20. #145 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Thanks! My tires are tsl sx2s. 42x17.

21. #146 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Bad Ass Wj BTW, I have a couple questions about your old leaf spring setup. From what i understand you took the leafs from a chevy 1500 correct? So that would make them chevy 63 in leaf? Were the leafs stock height or were they lift leafs along with blocks spacers or stock with just blocks? Im looking to do a rear leaf spring setup on mine and was looking to use 63 in chevy leafs. Wanting enough clearance to run 40in tsl, already have the front all planned out but am having complications on the rear as for spring length seeing as how not many people have done them on a wj. Any Info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

22. #147 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    fuck those tires look sick.

how much up travel.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

23. #148 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    A77ferrel77 yes I used a 63" Chevy leaf pack. I think it was a 3 leaf pack with an over load spring. They are easy to find at most junk yards. Stock height. Plate your frame well before making hangers and mounts. I would also try to outrig them on the frame so you have more height options. Bentwrench I believe did a nice leaf rear set up on a zj and kept it low, you want to pick his brain as well.

Kraqa. I'm still playing around with ride height but right now I have about 5" up travel. Maybe 4 up front in the last picture I posted.

24. #149 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    I can’t believe it’s been over 2 years since I’ve posted on here. I’m currently working on some major changes and should be back out of my garage soon. Here’s a pic from KOH 2018 right before I tore it down.

25. #150 Re: "The stroller": family wj build 
    NWF eco box with Ford 205 behind it. Waiting on drive shafts.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information