Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's

Thread: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's

1. #1 Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Sold!

Well, since we haven't wheeled in a couple years, it's time to sell. It's a 96 black Laredo w/ 5.2 L. Has a 3/4 ton front HP44 w/ 5.13's and an ARB. The rear is a full floating D60 w/ 5.13's and an ARB. Front bumper is an ARB, rear is an early Kevin's w/ tire carrier. Has modified Clayton's long arm lift and enough lift to clear the 37" BFG mud TA's. Much more that I'm forgetting. Located in Littleton, Co. Not really sure what it's worth so we'll start at $6K. Here's an older wheeling pic.
    Last edited by JpRngr; 10-02-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    It's Dave's and I do whatever he wants. I'm his bitch.

Clubbin' Chalupa-Style!

2. #2 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    What? Sacrilege!!!!

3. #3 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Is the guy on the bumper included?

4. #4 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Sorry, guy on the bumper is gone as is the winch.

5. #5 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Want to drop it off in VA?
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

6. #6 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    How many miles on the engine and axles? Are the seats power or manual? Does it have provisions for mud flaps? How does it ride on the highway at 75? Ever smoked in? Can you post a few more pictures?
    96 4.0 ZJ, 4.5in RE coils with Teraflex arms, Yukon gears, ARB front bumper, 33x12.50 M/TR's, homemade OBA setup....

97 with stuff....

7. #7 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by black_zj View Post
    How many miles on the engine and axles? Are the seats power or manual? Does it have provisions for mud flaps? How does it ride on the highway at 75? Ever smoked in? Can you post a few more pictures?
    ^Wow, I think you're taking MALL CRAWLIN' a little too literally with questions like that.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

8. #8 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Quote Originally Posted by ELLLLLIOTTTTT View Post
    ^Wow, I think you're taking MALL CRAWLIN' a little too literally with questions like that.
    You mean by asking the condition of the drive train, how "streetable" it is, and if there are any funky smells inside it I'm somehow asking the impossible? I'm asking for details that were left out in order to make a decision of whether or not to pursue the vehicle further, in other words being an educated consumer.
    96 4.0 ZJ, 4.5in RE coils with Teraflex arms, Yukon gears, ARB front bumper, 33x12.50 M/TR's, homemade OBA setup....

97 with stuff....

9. #9 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Quote Originally Posted by black_zj View Post
    This was my wife's wheelin' rig. After building it, we took it to Moab a couple times, wheeled around here some, and some daily driving, but not much. So it probably only has 2-5K miles on lift and axles. Engine, trans, &t-case are original and haven't needed to be touched other than regular maintenance stuff. We built it so she could drive it wherever to wheel, so 75 is easily doable, as long as you drive it accordingly. Since it hasn't really been driven in 3-4 years, I'm sure there's probably some maintenance stuff it could use, but I can go through everything to make sure there's no problems before you came to look at it. Cristi does not let anyone smoke in her vehicles. Seats are power gray cloth. No provision for mud flaps(not required here), but shouldn't be a big deal to fab something up. Will see about rounding up some more pics here soon(would just go take some, but it looks kinda silly right now as we have emission roller tires on it at the moment).

Clubbin' Chalupa-Style!

10. #10 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Elliott, anything's possible for the right price.

Clubbin' Chalupa-Style!

11. #11 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Quote Originally Posted by JpRngr View Post
    This was my wife's wheelin' rig. After building it, we took it to Moab a couple times, wheeled around here some, and some daily driving, but not much. So it probably only has 2-5K miles on lift and axles. Engine, trans, &t-case are original and haven't needed to be touched other than regular maintenance stuff. We built it so she could drive it wherever to wheel, so 75 is easily doable, as long as you drive it accordingly. Since it hasn't really been driven in 3-4 years, I'm sure there's probably some maintenance stuff it could use, but I can go through everything to make sure there's no problems before you came to look at it. Cristi does not let anyone smoke in her vehicles. Seats are power gray cloth. No provision for mud flaps(not required here), but shouldn't be a big deal to fab something up. Will see about rounding up some more pics here soon(would just go take some, but it looks kinda silly right now as we have emission roller tires on it at the moment).
    How many miles on the engine?

97 with stuff....

12. #12 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Had the battery out recharging. Anyway, the odometer reads 175K, but actual mileage is in the 160K range(we replaced the body control module with a used one and the mileage is stored in the BCM). You can e-mail me at JpRngr@msn.com if you're seriously interested.

13. #13 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    Another one bites the dust. Bad ass rig. Glad to see you guys are still around though.

Black ZJ, this is more rig than you would know what to do with. You don't wheel hard enough to use a rig like this, and you would just bitch and moan on the interwebz incessantly about how much is sacrificed in drivability to have a functional trail rig on 37's. For everyone else's sanity, forget about it.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

14. #14 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Black_ZJ - Sounds like this probably isn't the rig for you. This Jeep needs someone who realizes the tradeoffs needed to have a very functional trail rig. I'm NOT saying it isn't decent on the street, but it definitely drives different than a stock GC. It also is 17+ years old and has sat for the last couple, so work of some kind may be needed. It also has misc dings and dents from wheeling. Anyone interested in this should expect and be willing to do some work to it, after all it's a modified Jeep!

15. #15 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Still available as we haven't been trying very hard to get it sold. We're taking offers and considering parting it out. Although someone would be well ahead of the game to buy the whole thing, even if they just wanted parts. I mean how much is a Clayton's long arm set-up going for these days?

Corey

16. #16 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    If my wife comes home in a decent mood I might bring up the Jeep over dinner, I have been thinking of selling both of our ZJ's to buy a better built one.

97 with stuff....

17. #17 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Price drop! $5000. Would like to get it gone.

18. #18 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Sale Pending!

19. #19 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Nice, is it going to stay local?

20. #20 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Nope. Going to Georgia.

21. #21 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Sold! On it's way to Georgia.

22. #22 Re: Cristi's Built 96 ZJ on 37's 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

Thread Information