Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cj Zj headlights

Thread: Cj Zj headlights

1. #1 Cj Zj headlights 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    I am tired of the crappy ZJ plastic headlights. Clips are breaking again, so instead of E-code I will follow in the steps of Stealth Crawler ZJ. I found the 79 era CJ has 7" rounds lights, so I am getting the buckets/assemblies from online (no one around here) as well as the H4 conversion glass lenses.

The used bucket/assemblies are $45 shipped from (http://www.cars-and-parts.net/) and the IPCW conversion lens are $40 shipped from Summitracing. I already have H4 bulbs and connectors from Ebay (around $20) plus the Kolak harness from years ago. So once the parts get here I will get some pics. Looks like around $110 and you can get good lighting in a ZJ. (add $50 for the Harness if need be).
    I have sheet metal lying around to form a surround.

pics of each below.
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by ZJ TINS; 06-27-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

2. #2 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    Yea, I am almost there with mine. My adjuster screw assembly is stripped I think and I was thinking about adding XJ lights to keep the rectangular look even though a round headlight displays the whole parabolic curve. Actually if I could fit dual lights in like I used to have in my Datsun King Cab pickup that would be cool, but they won't fit.

Off to research the rectangular light options and brackets.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

3. #3 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    anyone have some finishing pics of this project? im looking to put round headlights in my niner as well

4. #4 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    I have to burn through excess vacation. So I plan on finishing this and some other ZJ project by mid next week... stay tuned.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

5. #5 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel on the world. I am come a cross to your site and found it according to my need and demand.

6. #6 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    Welcome.

So I still have to get to the lights but now I have a exhaust manifold to replace so we shall see what Santa brings and time required.
    To do list:
    manifold
    headlights
    off road lights
    Ford e-fan and new alternator
    misc electrical
    and pics of the boat side

7. #7 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    Sounds like there's another Robot in the works...
    Jared (SirFuego) did that too.

Looks like Jared was wrong:
    Well, at least I know my ZJ will stand out since I doubt anyone else in their right mind would try to duplicate my headlight setup
    - Aaron

8. #8 Re: Cj Zj headlights 
    Ah I'm actually looking into making a custom headlight bracket to accommodate JK LED headlight's with 1 front turn sig./ running light then have 3 3/4 amber LED's that i'll wire sequentially so my front turn signal's will look like newer mustang tail light sequential turn signals!
    -98' 5.9 Limted ZJ (Race Jeep)- K&N CAI; Firepower Ignition; Ford Racing 4-hole injector's; DT headers; Kolak 3" custom exhaust (stroker motor & hopefully turbo/intercooler set up)
    -96' 4.0 ZJ (wheeler) 5.5"; Bosch 26lb 4-hole injector's; 99+ intake manifold swap; CAI (snorkel soon) 4.56's; locked, chromoly shaft's and Ford 8.8 w/ Artec Truss/axle kit going under soon..as well as a custom 5spd swap + Comp Cam/ Valvetrain installing soon

Thread Information