Thread: 1998 Grand Cherokee TSi ZJ with lift - $2500

1. #1 1998 Grand Cherokee TSi ZJ with lift - $2500 
    Got this off of a friend, look to be a great Jeep with some issues that can be taken care of fairly easily. I drove it 10 miles yesterday and it drove ok.

When I got it the transmission wasn't working right, it was dry. There is a leak somewhere that I haven't gotten a chance to look for yet. I filled it up with fluid and it now drives fine. I think the transmission should be ok, but I am not positive. Just know that that this was the case with it. There is a leak somewhere, and it was run for a bit with no fluid. That being said, I did drive it home normally and around for about 10 miles with no issues at all. It was shifting fine and running good when I put it in the garage last night after the drive.

The body is straight with a few dings and things. It has some crappy bedliner sprayed on the lower body that is showing its age and could use a respray.

Has a Rusty's budget boost lift on it, which causes a bit of bumpsteer and wandering but not terrible. Marginally worse than other Jeeps I've driven. I would say it could use new shocks, they thump a bit when hitting bumps.

Wheels are black steelies with some decent all-terrains on them. They run good and don't wobble. One tire has a plug right on the outside edge of the tread close to the sidewall. It is an odd place for a plug but my friend said it has been there for a long time with no issues.

Interior is really nice other than the material missing off of the headliner. Leather seats in good shape, nothing damaged other than the headliner.

Needs new front turn signals, but those are $10 from RockAuto. They are letting moisture in.

Overall would be a good solid trail rig or street rig for someone. The transmission might be an issue, or it might last another 100k miles. I am not sure and can't say for sure. I do know I drove it around and it felt fine. I can not and will not guarantee the transmission. Please understand this.

I try and represent stuff to the best of my knowledge, feel free to ask me any questions or ask for any pictures. Jeep is available for a test drive or to look at any time at night or weekends I am home.

Jeep has 145k miles on it, too.

$2500 obo! 919.906.4688 call or text, text is easiest way to get a hold of me during the day.

Will post pics tonight, photobucket is blocked at work.
    Last edited by 4birdman; 04-04-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Thread Information