Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Egg Carton - Page 2

Thread: The Egg Carton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: The Egg Carton 
    the truss all burned in to its new home. btw making a truss in a 1 car garage while the jeep is in hovercraft mode also in the garage really brings the suck.

heres a shot at the arms hooked up to the frame side mounts so I can measure and make sure my mounting location are correct before I cut and notch the ends for the poly bushings.
    4.5" front custom 3-link, dual triangulated 4 link, 35s, custom front bumper. upcoming: custom belly skid, rear bumper, rocker cutout/boatsides, half doors

Got lots done yesterday and today. Notched and welded the poly bushings on the axle end arms, and then burned in the axle tabs. Cycled the suspension to find out I shorted my measurements 1" on ALL of the rear links forcing me to extend the ruffstuff heims as far as I feel comfortable. that sucked, but I then bolted in the 8.8 and drove around the block, so that was pretty awesome. Still got some work to do on the rear brake lines and paint everything. Was too cold for me to want to get any pics, but I'll get some up in a couple days.
    4.5" front custom 3-link, dual triangulated 4 link, 35s, custom front bumper. upcoming: custom belly skid, rear bumper, rocker cutout/boatsides, half doors

3. #28 Re: The Egg Carton 
    guess I forgot to upload some pics

Also, Ordered some corbeau baja Jps, bilstein 5125s, and got new tires. I am officially done spending money on the jeep for a while lol

4. #29 Re: The Egg Carton 
    i also lengthened the rear arms to make room for the 35s

and pics with the 35s

5. #30 Re: The Egg Carton 
    havent updated this in a couple months, being back at work leaves little time to work on the jeep let alone update a build thread.
    but here goes, been working on bumpstops so i dont destroy my new bilsteins, still need to get limit straps though.

also working on a belly skid, finally got it far along enough to give my long arms their first shakedown run on saturday. VERY happy with how everything worked, had small amounts of rubbing from my 35s but thatll be easily taken care of with a little adjustment of the arms. anyways here's some pics

belly skid, ive since drilled holes for the transmission mount bolts to fit into to

Ive also added a piece of 1.5" .120 wall square tubing down the middle from crossmember to crossmember to make it more rigid than that flat piece of scrap I had laying around.
    Last edited by egg; 07-08-2013 at 12:37 PM.

6. #31 Re: The Egg Carton 
    pics of the shakedown run at twin cone saturday 7/6.

7. #32 Re: The Egg Carton 
    i was at the junkyard last week picking out some spare d30 shafts and a spare driveshaft when I looked at the rear swaybar of a wrecked wj. noticed they have a bend like the tjs do so I pulled it to see if I can make it work on my zj some how. I moved it around in any position I could think of, and the mounting location I thought would work best would be to mount the swaybar on top of the rear lower lnks closest to the axle.

Im thinking it would work, my concern would be wearing potentially wearing out the axle side poly bushing super fast, but I dont think it would. I think it would also allow more articulation, and keep the sway bar up and out of harms way. any other opinions on this??

8. #33 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    How did you lengthen those rear arms? I'm almost afraid to ask.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

9. #34 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Lol with about 18" slug of 1.5" od .25 wall square tubing slid into the links with 2" of 2" od .250 wall square tubing going over it to provide the actual length increase

edit: same deal for the DOM uppers except obviously with round tubing slid into the arms, 8 plug welds per link from the original link material to the new slug inside
    Last edited by egg; 07-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.

10. #35 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Haven't updated this in a while. I added a winch to the front bumper, chopped up the grill and am currently working on putting the solenoid box near the battery.

That pales in comparison to what else is going on: t3/t4 twin scroll turbo and ax15 swap

11. #36 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Last edited by egg; 06-23-2016 at 12:01 PM.

12. #37 Re: The Egg Carton 
    https://s5.postimg.org/lloirgy13/20160801_181847.jpg

Using schedule 10 mild steel pipe and bends. I plan to do a simple diy ceramic coating and fab a heat shield to go under the intake manifold.
    Last edited by egg; 08-08-2016 at 11:12 PM.

13. #38 Re: The Egg Carton 
    I wanted to use the 99+ cast iron manifolds but it looked like I would be hurting flow way too much with how the 99 exhaust ports are smaller than the exhaust ports on my head. So I went and chopped my stocker up.

14. #39 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    oh fuck this shoudl be sick.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

15. #40 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Ax15 has been scrapped, in its place will be an early chevy nv4500. 6.34 granny gear and an overdrive. Showed up today at a friend's warehouse

https://s5.postimg.org/rv1vevkuf/20160804_104455.jpg

I was worried I'd be wasting money on an ax15 if I killed it with the turbo 4.0's torque. This guy otta handle it. I still need to order the advanced adapters bellhousing and clutch kit and figure out clutch linkage, but I'm pretty stoked I found this tranny with np241 the case for under 500

16. #41 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Ax15 has been scrapped, in its place will be an early chevy nv4500. 6.34 granny gear and an overdrive. Showed up today at a friend's warehouse

https://s5.postimg.org/rv1vevkuf/20160804_104455.jpg

I was worried I'd be wasting money on an ax15 if I killed it with the turbo 4.0's torque. This guy otta handle it. I still need to order the advanced adapters bellhousing and clutch kit and figure out clutch linkage, but I'm pretty stoked I found this tranny with np241 the case for under 500
    You can grab a whole Chevy clutch setup with the pedal master/line and slave. The pedal from the late k/c2500s are individual, not tied into the brake

17. #42 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Does that chevy slave bolt up to the advance adapters bellhousing like the iron duke?

18. #43 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Does that chevy slave bolt up to the advance adapters bellhousing like the iron duke?
    I believe so, it is for the external slave trans, I can't imagine that aa designed a different slave mount or something. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they built it to use the jeep slave, that would make the conversion easier.

19. #44 Re: The Egg Carton 
    From what I've read in the nv4500 bible. The amc to 4500 bellhousings are copies of the old t150/t176 bellhousings with cps sensor mounts and the nv4500 bolt pattern.

So basically they're designed to be used with old school mechanical clutch linkage, or the iron duke slave, or the land cruiser slave with the aa adapter bracket.

Buuut, I really like the idea of all chevy clutch stuff, so I'm going to look into it, thanks for the idea
    Last edited by egg; 08-12-2016 at 11:10 PM.

20. #45 Re: The Egg Carton 
    I had already bought a tj clutch brake assembly for cheap. So far the plan is to modify the tj clutch part of the bracket to bolt to the zj brake pedal bracket.

I ordered a new old stock 93 zj clutch slave master kit back when I was going to put in an ax15. My plan is to fab a bracket to make the zj slave work with the aa bellhousing when I get it.

21. #46 Re: The Egg Carton 
    This poor Jeep has been on the back burner for 2 and a half years. I was working on down pipe routing and only wanted to do that crap once, so I shifted the scope of the build to include a super duty Dana 60 and 14 bolt rear. I bought a new house 2 years ago. Sold my 35s, bought some old MTR 40 mounted on some 8x170 wheels last year. Then last weekend I picked up an 05 super duty 60 and an 03 14 bolt. I ordered wheel adapters for the 14 bolt. That should bring it to 70.5 ish wms and work well with the 05 60 at 72".

Plan is to hack off the OEM brackets and hopefully have them set up for my Jeep by the end of summer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

22. #47 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Interested to see how the boosts work out for you. I have a fresh spare head for mine, and would like to pick up a whole spare engine and was thinking stroker build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

23. #48 Re: The Egg Carton 
    A spare engine to build for boost is my plan. But I gotta focus on just getting all this crap done just to be able to drive it again. I did get started on cleaning up the new axles today. Baby steps

24. #49 Re: The Egg Carton 
    Finally sold my Dana 30 and 8.8 this weekend. Got a rebuilt hydro assist tapped Astro box in partial trade. So now I'll be ordering some trusses and suspension brackets with the rest of the cash I got from the sale.

I'm a little nervous about the Astro van box, anyone run one on a grand with 40s?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information