Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
60/14bolt ZJ 39 krawlers V8 $4750

Thread: 60/14bolt ZJ 39 krawlers V8 $4750

1. #1 60/14bolt ZJ 39 krawlers V8 $4750 

94 Grand Cherokee limited, V8 auto NP 231 w/ SYE, leather interior, cd/mp3 player, 4 6x9s in custom box

Front axle/suspension:
    Ford ball joint dana 60 front w new ball joints august 2011, wheel bearings seals, spicer u joints, 35 spline g2 stubs, warn 35 spline hubs installed dec 2012. 5.38 gears, welded carrier. PSC 2x8" steering ram, custom axle truss, triangulated 4 link, limiting straps, ACOS adjustable coil spacers. In some of the pictures you may notice it has drive slugs. At one time I was running 30 spline stubs and slugs however after breaking a few stubs and ulitmately destroying a spindle, I decided to put it back together with larger stubs and hubs to act more as a fuseable link. The spindle was replaced of course as well as all new wheel bearings, seals and axle u joints Dec 2012.

Rear axle:
    Chevy 14 bolt rear w disc brake conversion, 5.38 gears, welded carrier, custom axle truss, triangulated 4 link, captured coils

39x13.50/17 BFG non dot krawlers, 1 is plugged 1 has been vulcanized. 2 are fairly "used" and currently on the rear. I was able to find a brand new one for a few hundred bucks a while back so I jumped on it and put it on the front driver along with my other best tire on the front passenger. They are mounted on DIY beadlocks and given the combo of the DIY wheels and possibly dirt in the inner bead they do slowly leak.

Suspension is comprised of coils and standard pro comp shocks. The front is limited via straps on either side as well as a center strap. The rear utilizes captured coils. Lower links are 2" .250 wall dom with large creeper joints at the frame side and bushings at the axle. Uppers are 1.5" .250 wall dom with 3/4 heims at either end. The jeep has a 3/16 subframe which is bolted and stitch welded to the uni body and I've never had any trouble with the links/mounts or unibody. The jeep is rust free and that in combination with the steel hatch I believe help tremendously with the rigidity.

I bought this jeep 2 years ago from a friend who built it. In the past I have owned several rigs from cut up 1 ton xjs to tube chassis light weight buggys. My main intention with this jeep was to have a rig that would fit plenty of people, a cooler, and provide for a comfortable day of cruising around and mainly watching. Once I started wheeling it, I was surprised at how well it climbs with the sticky krawlers and 5.38s. It was far from mint when I bought it but in the past 2 years, the fenders have made some contact with different trees/rocks as have the rockers. Doors are gone, hatch is stuck, windshield is broke. Jeep has 1,2 & R although I suspect this to just be a shift solenoid issue as all gears pull fine with no slippage.

Jeep would make a great platform for a buggy build or have fun with it as is, I have lost most interest in wheeling as really all my friends but a few have gotten rid of their rigs over the years and all but 1 park within about a 2 hr radius of me is closed. Would rather have some cash in the bank than a jeep in the garage boring, I know.
    $4750 for jeep alone, $6k w 16 ft car hauler / equipment trailer

Trailer 2008 currahee as seen in link below model 502:
    http://www.curraheetrailers.com/prod...atbed/500.aspx

thanks for looking,
    Jerry

********************************EDIT: PRICE DROP TO $2700. TIRES/WHEELS AND TRAILER SOLD********************************
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-27-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: price drop

Thread Information