Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

cwm,s 2000 WJ build

Thread: cwm,s 2000 WJ build

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 cwm,s 2000 WJ build 
    So its been almost a year since my last Jeep but I have fallen off the wagon and bought a 2000 WJ yesterday.
    Pretty nice and its the rare 5 cylinder model!!!
    4.0 - one piston short "still runs" 242 t case 2 owner Nevada truck not a bit of rust anywhere!!!107 K miles looks to have a new head Hmmm.
    pics to come!
    Last edited by cwm; 02-18-2013 at 11:22 PM.

2. #2 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 

3. #3 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 

4. #4 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    very nice! whats the plan for it?
    01 Laredo 4" claytons, 33x12.5-15 MTR K's, ARB/M8000, 231hd, lockright

5. #5 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Plans are to get it running so it a good daily driver prob just going to go with a reman motor not sure yet but did a comp test tonight and its not a 5 cylinder its a 3 cylinder lol

after that im sure long arms and 33s bumpers rock sliders ect are somewhere down the line
    Last edited by cwm; 01-07-2013 at 11:06 PM.

6. #6 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    When my 4.0 crapped out, the price of used engines in my area was very high (still is) for 500 more I got a reman engine. If prices in Vegas are anything like Cleveland, you might as well go reman. Especially if you plan on keeping it awhile.

Although, if I knew then what I know now, I would have just cut the BS and went stroker right from the rip.

7. #7 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Yea I was thinking that if I got to do it might as well do the stroker but haven't researched it much yet and would prob like to just buy one ready to go as time is a bit of and issue to get it on the road.
    what do you think of this
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Blueprint-Engi...78609/10002/-1

8. #8 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    You can get pre built drop in strokers from a couple people
    http://www.golenengineservice.com/engines/jeep
    http://www.shop.505performance.com/c...?categoryId=34

I cant remember the name right now, but one company even offers a very nice warranty with their strokers.

Ive never heard of "blueprint engines", but I hadnt heard of "pro-formance" either which is where I got mine.

9. #9 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Pulled the Valve cover off tonight and the head is the 0331 head and I stared at it for 30 min i think i see a crack hell im not sure!!
    Read some reviews on all the strokers above and seems to be hit or miss some people are very happy some are so pissed trying to sue the engine builders?????
    Im going to pull the head off this weekend and check it out but am wondering if it got hot enough to screw up the block??? it melted the injector wiring plastic where is slides on the bolt how hot does that take to do???

10. #10 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Pull the head. Once it's off you will be able to see other potential problems that could give no compression. If the bores and pistons look okay (no gouging, no ridge at the top of the bores, no holes or other damage to pistons) get the head magnafluxed at a reputable machine shop.

If the head is bad, get the improved casting from IIRC Clearwater Cylinder Head - do a search, Jeeptech01 brought it up a while back. If the head checks out for cracks and flatness, the valves and seats are in good shape, and the bores and cylinders don't have any apparent damage/ wear, put it all back together with a new head gasket and call it done.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

11. #11 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    The head is junk Im sure but I am worried about the block, this head looks to be pretty new owner i got it fro is the second owned and he didn't even know the head had been replaced, they were not mechanically inclined at all they bought the jeep drove it and took it to there mechanic for all maintenance. anyone heard of the 4.0 block getting warped from being overheated?
    Its got great oil press and doesn't seem to knock or rattle just worried that it warped

12. #12 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Blocks don't warp. Did you find a definite crack in the head? If not, how do you know it's junk?

Either way you'll have to get the head off to get a better idea of what's going on with the dead cylinders.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

13. #13 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Started tear down and found this cut O2 sensor don't see any wires cut on the harness hmmmm

14. #14 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Then got head off to find this

15. #15 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    And how I left it at the end of the day now to order parts!!!

16. #16 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Ended up going with a new head from Clear water block seems to be ok hopefully head will be here Friday since I paid for 3 day shipping!
    Couldn't find anything on the west coast and was really tired of searching after all day on Sunday my brain was fried so I just went with clearwater!!
    Been collecting the rest of the parts have just about everything but head gasket showed up bent in half from oreillys so they are getting me another one that's supposed to be here Friday fingers crossed!!

17. #17 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    sweet deal man. Lucky to find out it was just the upper end. In most cases on the 4.0 thats all it is. Watchin this progress!!
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

18. #18 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    So i have been looking for some wheels and tires im thinking i want a set of Rubicon wheels and have come across a couple sets of the new Rubicon wheels not not sure if i love them or hate them or something in between??

I like this look
    Last edited by cwm; 01-17-2013 at 10:56 AM.

19. #19 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    I think they would look great on the white dub. Plus they are not the Moab's that everybody and their brother has on their wj's now.

20. #20 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    UPS brought me a nice early bday present

now if the head gasket gets here tomorrow i should be in good shape for Saturday!!

21. #21 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Did you go with one of those felpro hd gaskets, or just a standard replacement?

22. #22 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by tjswj View Post
    Did you go with one of those felpro hd gaskets, or just a standard replacement?
    I ordered the extreme duty fell-pro from Oreilly on Monday the first one I got was bent in half nice!!
    so no one else in Las Vegas had a Head gasket and I mean NO ONE!!! so they ordered me anothe one that i got today at about 3 pm
    got head set on block but thats as far as i got tonight i didnt have any thread sealant for the water jacket bolt so had to get some Indianhead shalack on the way home tonight
    tomorrow will be fun!!

Last edited by cwm; 01-18-2013 at 10:54 PM.

23. #23 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Ok back together and running, not compleatly back together still have to put header and grill ect back on,
    Just FYI you can put the coils on and tighten bolts and have at least 2 plugs not in the boots and when you do this it will not start and run and will make wierd noises that baffle everyone!!!!

24. #24 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Gotta say i have wanted a WJ for awhile after 5 ZJs but man this thing is kinda a pain in the ass to work on who the hell designed the rad and fan shroud??? have to pull the whole front end to get it out????
    a look back to my ZJs
    96 2wd to 4wd conversion

98 5.9

and of course my X90
    Last edited by cwm; 01-22-2013 at 11:02 AM.

25. #25 Re: Jeepless no more!!!!! 
    Got some stuff done but been battling the flu so its been slow
    tcase resealed no more leaks looked very good inside

Trans serviced

new to me rebuilt 4 hole injectors

Headlights polished and Phillips 4500 HID kit installed

lots more to do!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information