Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Axle Fab Table

Thread: Axle Fab Table

1. #1 Axle Fab Table 
    Whats up guys! I haven't been doin a whole lot on the blue submarine lately, the black jeep is almost ready for an engine install and I'm doing all sorts of stuff getting ready for my operations to move into the shop. One of the first things is something I've wanted for an extremely long time, and I've had enough thought put into it to have decided on a few of the things I want. So I went to work!

Basic specs are a 24"x60" 1/4" plate top, 33" working height with 4 locking swivel casters and an open front to roll things underneath. I didn't have a plan or drawing when I started, just made decisions on the fly. I started with 1.5"x3" .120 tube, and a lot of it. I cut them to lengths for what I wanted and efficiency, I don't like having scrap after a project unless it's useable.

Then I cut the under table supports, and a 1" .120 wall tube to reinforce the front lip of the table

Tacked it together, and stood it upright

Tossed the top on to help visualize things

Then put the blingin casters on. I welded 1/2" coupler nuts into the bottom tubes, then a coarse thread 1/2" bolt to the caster base plate. Instant adjustable casters. It's fully welded by this point also

And here's the first bit of real bling for the table. The additional crossmember is 16" back (out of a 24" deep table), and holds 2 peices of hitch stock at 23.5" center-center. This will acommodate everything from a dana 30 to a D60, Sterling or 14 bolt. The tube between the two peices of hitch stock is 2x3 .250 wall tube, I plan to be able to slide a hefty bottle jack under an axle clamped into the mounts and preload housings for truss welding, or possibly straighten housings (in my dreams heh).

It will be great for regearing, stripping axles and linking them. Shelving will be included to hold all my gearing tools, maybe some axle bracketry and other assorted necessities.

So yeah, a bit more to go, but shes really come together and should help me INCREDIBLY with all axle work.
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

2. #2 Re: Axle Fab Table 
    I like the table, I might have to make one for myself. Good luck on the new shop! Cant wait to see what else you can come up with.

3. #3 Re: Axle Fab Table 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Looks rad. You might find with a d60 your supports will need to be further apart if you want to preload the housing. But for small..er and fabricated housing you'll be golden.

I can wait to see what you build next!
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Thread Information