Thread: Dana 44 knuckle info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    44/9 with dual piston calipers on both ends.

2. #27 Re: Dana 44 knuckle info. 
    indy: those are some good reads. At first i was going to run the smaller 5.5" spaced rear caliper with the 2" piston but i was sent the wrong brackets so i said heck with it an welded them on. What rear brake are running/axles are in your jeep.

Polar: what rear brakes are you running on your 9"?
    Louisiana Home of some rocks.
    95 5.2 L.A.,hybrid 60/9inch (sold) now back to 44/9 and 40 LTB'S
    Hurricane upgraded 46RH, Hurricane double stak, Hurricane Beadlocks, Hurricane Bumpers, Lots of missing Sheetmetal!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan
    The only way to be for sure it's her is to stick it in her butt.

GM 3/4 ton calipers, f150 rotors, Dana 70 weld on calipers mounts, dodge w250 lines.

Ive put about 500 miles on this setup and For what it's worth the new brake setup it outstanding. I used the f250 knuckles. F250 caliper brackets, f150 spindle, 2004 Toyota Tacoma v6 4wdrotor, f150 hub, f250 caliper and pads. I drilled to rotors on the mill and basically it was a bolt together after that. It fits like a stock 1ton setup. Very tiny gaps and stops great. I also swapped in a dodge 2500 MC at the same time. Thanks for the help y'all. Ill try to grab some pics when I change my axle seals this weekend.
    Hurricane upgraded 46RH, Hurricane double stak, Hurricane Beadlocks, Hurricane Bumpers, Lots of missing Sheetmetal!

5. #30 Re: Dana 44 knuckle info. 
    I'm glad it worked out for you! I did a ton of research into putting my setup together, and you are the first to document the F250 calipers, F150 spindles, and redrilled Tacoma rotors that I am aware of - as I said, I only mocked it up and compared dimensions. Thanks for updating with your results. This will help anyone who wants a serious and easy brake upgrade on a 5 lug HP44.

You got fancier with the rotor than I did - I opened one hole on the rotor to the F150 stud size, installed a stud, tossed the hub and rotor back on the spindle, and trued it up with a dial indicator. I then took the hub and rotor off, transfer punched the remaining holes to the rotor through the hub, and went to town on the drill press and reamed to final size for stock F150 studs. Managed to get it down to 0.002" radial runout all said and done. I need a mill.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

I only went with the suggestions from other offroaders. Yes it came out really really good. I was surprised how easy it was to do. The pad fit tight everything is just as it should be. I am impressed at the stopping power of it now and how nice the pedal feels. It will lock up my 39.5's with minimal effort now. I wish I would have had this when I was pulling a trailer a lot. Once again thanks for the help.

If I wouldn't of had a mill I would have pretty much done what you did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information