Thread: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    Curious timing for this initiative - Obama is hopefully pre-occupied with more important matters like the fiscal cliff. Unfortunately SEWER will keep hounding Obama, sooner or later he'll have enough free cycles to think about this travesty.[/QUOTE]
    ...As will his wife Michelle, the Sierra Club Warrior Queen. Sierra club doesn't seem all that lovey-dovey with the off-highway-vehicle crowd.
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

2. #27 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    I signed the petition, however there are a lot of signatures to go. Kind of shocked it is still at less than 2k with 25k total needed before the 15th.

I was fond on Fat Tire Beer, but no longer will drink it.

It goes both ways with me. If you do something I like I spend my money there, if you do somthing I disagree with then I dont. End of story.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

3. #28 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    The thing with that list is a lot of the companies aren't fully told what they are signing. They are simple told the short story and that it will help the area so they sign it thinking they are helping in some way. Now that's not to say some if not most know what they are signing and stand by it. I remember a few years ago when the SUWA ran around getting Moab companies getting them to support the Red Rock Wilderness act. Once the 4 wheel drive community contacted them with questions as to why they quickly realized what would happen if they continued down the wrong road so to speak. So don't be so quick to judge some of the companies that are on that list till you contact them and get their true stance on what they signed.

I know Camelbak was contacted and they stood by it, so that is one you can feel free to no longer buy from.

4. #29 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Crawler ZJ View Post
    The monument behind my house restricts all mechanized use except on the paved Highway.
    If that's the case then the Moab businesses can kiss the bike business goodbye too. I'm thinking that a lot of these businesses don't understand what they've signed up for.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

5. #30 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    If that's the case then the Moab businesses can kiss the bike business goodbye too. I'm thinking that a lot of these businesses don't understand what they've signed up for.
    But it will all be worth it because the bastards in the extraction industries won't be able to come in to Moab and create more jobs, help create energy independence for the US and help with our (im)balance of trade. If the town of Moab has to die to stop resource extraction, well, sacrifices must be made.

6. #31 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    No info? I am hoping with all the higher level turmoil he wont have a time to talk to people about such a low level issue.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

7. #32 Re: Any word on declaring Moab a national monument? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    Looks like he declared 5 areas as NM but Moab was not one "whew".
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information