Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Zj Snorkel

Thread: Zj Snorkel

1. #1 Zj Snorkel 
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

First time I've seen this brand come up, Anyone else ever stumbled acrossed this? I know it's not really material for most around here just due to the fact that it's more cosmetically appealing over a home brew and honestly not needed for most of us around here. Just wanted to share, Flame on.....
    98 slate 5.9
    Rolled-rebuilding/upgrading.

2. #2 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Looks like a typical Chinese knock off to me. Good luck getting any support for it when it fails or doesn't fit right.

Location of item.......
    Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia

3. #3 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    I bought that snorkel for my jeep. fit together perfect and I've had no issues with it. And it got to my house in less than a week, I'd buy it again

4. #4 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
    I bought that snorkel for my jeep. fit together perfect and I've had no issues with it. And it got to my house in less than a week, I'd buy it again
    Do you have a picture you could share of it installed, maybe one of it under water to show effectiveness?...lol on the second part.

I still want my jeep sorta "pretty" being that I drive it into some real nice parts of town, but the water in florida seems to keep getting deeper.

Here is one, its just like the safari branded snorkel

Haven't done any deep water crossings with it though, I got it for a "just in case" kinda thing. Like if I go into a mud puddle and it ends up being really deep

6. #6 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
    Here is one, its just like the safari branded snorkel

Haven't done any deep water crossings with it though, I got it for a "just in case" kinda thing. Like if I go into a mud puddle and it ends up being really deep
    Except it doesn't even appear to be hooked up under the hood, or was that just a picture before it was hooked up? Any pictures of the finished product?
    96 4.0 ZJ, 4.5in RE coils with Teraflex arms, Yukon gears, ARB front bumper, 33x12.50 M/TR's, homemade OBA setup....

97 with stuff....

7. #7 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    oops didn't notice that, it's fully hooked up and sealed now. No finished product pics but I can get some this weekend

8. #8 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    It says 4.0, 5.2 and 5.9, but how does it connect? There doesn't seem to be connecting parts.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

On the ad, the silver pipe looking piece top middle gets sealed and riveted to the stock air box. The black square seals off the stock inlet. The snorkel attaches outside the fender. The "slim" black piece connects on the inside of the fender to the snorkel. Then is attached to the silver piece via the black tube. When I'm home this weeken I'll grab pictures of how it goes together

10. #10 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Thanks for the pics It looks good on there. Doesn't look like I'll be able to use it though, My berserk cutouts are to far up the fender line to fit the snorkel on.

It's not really diving into deep water I was thinking about with this, more about wanting to get my intake away from the engine heat and away from the water that splashes up and drenches my filter when i'm going through a creek crossing. by the time we are into water deep enough to need a snorkel we are Fcked anyways.
    98 slate 5.9

11. #11 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post
    Looks like a typical Chinese knock off to me. Good luck getting any support for it when it fails or doesn't fit right.

Location of item.......
    Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia
    Home - Welcome to Alien Snorkels
    98 slate 5.9

I finally got the pictures
    This shows the piece in the inner fender well

Then smack dab in the middle of this pic is the black rubber tube connecting the inner fender well piece to the air box. It's hard to see but it's there

Then this silver piece is sealed and riveted to the corner of the air box you have to cut out

13. #13 Re: Zj Snorkel 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Thanks
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

Thread Information