Thread: Want to be able to do Escalator and Hell's Gate at GSW? Here's your chance.

1. #1 Want to be able to do Escalator and Hell's Gate at GSW? Here's your chance. 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    The Moab BLM Field Office just released the Environmental Assessment for the renewal of RR4W's Easter Jeep Safari permit, which GSW utilizes for our permitting. There is a public comment period on the 2 options that is open until November 30th. The first alternative is to extend the permit another 10 years, AND include well over 100 miles of additional trails. The hot tubs are not, and apparently will never be included as they are on private property, but I think the major draw for GSW is Hell's Gate anyways. I have skimmed through most of the EA so far and most of it seems to be very reasonable in their stance on wheelers. I would take some time to read through what you can in the report, there's some good info in there.

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/JeepSafari2012.html

The major issue here is the BLM continuing to issue these permits. Basically, without these permits, Grand Slam West would not be able to continue as we all know it today. Reading through it appears the BLM is already in favor of renewing, but be assured that SUWA and the likes will be doing everything they can to get the BLM to not renew this permit.

If you need any assistance formulating or refining a letter, please do not hesitate to post up here for help.

Thank you for taking the time to send something in and helping GSW continue!

2. #2 Re: Want to be able to do Escalator and Hell's Gate at GSW? Here's your chance. 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    Anyone got a template letter I'm not close but ill certianly send one in.
    93 ZJ long arms, 35's, F/R Long arms, 4.56 gears, and a bunch more
    98 5.9 slate gray 4" lift with stuff (sold)
    96 ZJ Lift, Long arms, 35's and a bunch of other shit! (RIP)
    [ IRONMAN 4X4 FAB ] [ RACELINE WHEELS]

3. #3 Re: Want to be able to do Escalator and Hell's Gate at GSW? Here's your chance. 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Ted_Z's Avatar
    Anyone know what the BLM decided?
    -Ted Z
    '97 Grand Cherokee Laredo w/ stuff
    '02 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ less stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    everytime someone makes a bumper with a stinger, God kills 6 baby Koala's.

4. #4 Re: Want to be able to do Escalator and Hell's Gate at GSW? Here's your chance. 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    I believe they decided in favor, I can't get on to any of the bigger forums like Pirate from work, but I'll see if I can track down some info.

Thread Information