Thread: In process Clayton crossmember install..couple ?

1. #1 In process Clayton crossmember install..couple ? 
    I checked Claytons Tech install directions on his site but i didnt see my questions answered.

First, on my 96-98 era crossmember there is a slight cutout on the vertical face of the center section,does this face the front or rear? Looks like it should face the front for trans mount clearance?

Second, i have the 242 transfer. I read the driveshaft clearance issue with the fulltime case mention and assume the 1/4" spacer plate is there to eliminate that issue? Now do i need this spacer with the 242.. i'm assuming yes because the 249 and 242 front case halves are identical?

Appreciate input.. rather install it just once.
    Originally Posted by CTeunuch
    Sometimes adults drink adult beverages. Sometimes these 'adults' drink too many of those beverages, and sometimes they come from a gas can.

2. #2 Re: In process Clayton crossmember install..couple ? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Can't say for sure on either quesiton, but the few times I've had to call Clayton with questions they've been very helpful.

3. #3 Re: In process Clayton crossmember install..couple ? 
    Exactly what i did Dave, Adam was helpfull as always. Just hate disrupting vendor production on a question/s that might be commonly known. Used to work in the Jeep parts biz and half my day was fielding phone calls, tough to get things accomplished at times.

For the record..

Center clearance goes towards front of vehicle, spacer is used regardless of transfer.
    Originally Posted by CTeunuch
    Sometimes adults drink adult beverages. Sometimes these 'adults' drink too many of those beverages, and sometimes they come from a gas can.

Thread Information