Thread: Blower moter

1. #1 Blower moter 
    The blower motor on my rig is running all the time, even with the Key off, had to pull the fuse under the hood. I changed out the the control in it but still the same.
    Any have any info on where to go with this, going to be a cold and shitty winter here in Canada, going to need it.If I cant fix it I will put it on its own switch but would like to have it working properly.
    96 5"lift,44 rear HP30 front, locked all the way, 5.2swap, 9.5 Keeper Winch,33" Firestone Destenation MTs,custom rear bumper,2" trim, and a set of kick ass rockers.

2. #2 Re: Blower moter 
    Ive never seen a resistor burn up and short to constant power, but I would say there is a first for everything. I would pull the resistor and check it.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I've seen this once or twice before, especially on ZJs with auto temp control. Remove the resistor and see if the blower turns off, to rule out any other shorts to power. A new resistor has fixed the ones I've had do this.
    My poker fund (aka "build the jeep" fund) is usually larger than what's in my bank account.

4. #4 Re: Blower moter 
    That was the next step,Thanks Guys. Just wanted to confirm.
    96 5"lift,44 rear HP30 front, locked all the way, 5.2swap, 9.5 Keeper Winch,33" Firestone Destenation MTs,custom rear bumper,2" trim, and a set of kick ass rockers.

5. #5 Re: Blower moter 
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfred1 View Post
    appears to be an electric problem. if the switch blows the fuse, some cables may be merged together or that's a indication of the bad blower-motor, but it been operating its just the switch, cause if a bad motor it wouldn't perform on any speed point, right, have the cables checked out.
    WTF?
    98 slate 5.9
    Rolled-rebuilding/upgrading.

6. #6 Re: Blower moter 
    Yeah and my hemilator valve is completely fuck and when it went it took out the high speed muffler bearing,LOL

7. #7 Re: Blower moter 
    mine did this... looots of shit in the resistor was melted... not sure how or why, but the live wire survived it all and so was constantly drawing power and going full crank... replaced wires connectors and resistor, overkill, yes. but i just wanted the damn thing to work!
    Jeeping: The art of getting dirty and slowly going broke, while going nowhere and taking all day to do it!
    There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who ride motorcycles; and those who don't

8. #8 Re: Blower moter 
    BANNED
    when I removed my blower the bolts broke off inside!! all three of them! what should I do?

9. #9 Re: Blower moter 
    Quote Originally Posted by russellperry View Post
    when I removed my blower the bolts broke off inside!! all three of them! what should I do?
    Say a bunch of #$^%& and then see if you can get up inside and turn them out with vice grips. If not you may be able to drill them out and then use self taping bolts to put it back in.. Just a few ideas.
    98 slate 5.9
    Rolled-rebuilding/upgrading.

Thread Information