Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s - Page 2

Thread: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    I gotta get a bender. Nice work man, looks great!
    01 Laredo 4" claytons, 33x12.5-15 MTR K's, ARB/M8000, 231hd, lockright

2. #27 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Nicely done! I really like it. The sunroof touch is great!
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

3. #28 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Very well done! I really like the execution of this cage. Especially around the sunroof, my other wj (that I just got running) has a sunroof as well. I don't currently have a cage planned, but ya never know . If you don't mind me asking, what was your process for welding? I realized exactly how difficult things can be to get a welder nozzle exactly where you need it. It took some pretty creative techniques to get full welds on the joints!
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

4. #29 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Thanks everybody. I wanted to keep the sunroof operational and as a possible escape hatch,(hope to never need it).

The welds are all the way around everywhere but the x on top. It's prob 3/4 way around. I accomplished this by attaching the bottom last. I jacked it up as far as I could with a jack and a prybar. It's hard to get the cage to slide up through the roof and you gotta hold the lead in weird ways.

5. #30 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    The Jeep looks great! What trails at SMORR have you run it on?

6. #31 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    For the rockers; any pics how you tied into other than top of rockers? Maybe from underside. Did youo go back to unichassis?

7. #32 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    sorry guys, havent been around in a while. i dont know the names of the trails at smorr. i only stayed for a day and hit a few of the smaller ones. we will be headed there for labor day this year though.

i dont have any bottom pics, but they arnt tied in really. i can get you pics later.

did go to the BMR this weekend. was a good time. i managed to break the tail housing clean off. got high centered on my d300. time to clock it up through the floor and get a skid

8. #33 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    heres the pics of the under side of the rockers. i left the inside of the rocker and welded along the bottom and around the three support lookin things

heres the broke tail housing

9. #34 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    I'm for sure doing this to my rockers. Waay more clearance, no hang up point from the slider legs, and like a quarter of the price of buying sliders. Thanks for the pics!
    Jeeping: The art of getting dirty and slowly going broke, while going nowhere and taking all day to do it!
    There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who ride motorcycles; and those who don't

10. #35 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    got the tail housing replaced finally. put in a new torque converter and trans filter while it was all out. then i clocked the 300 up flat and remounted shifter cables. shouldnt get hung up on it anymore. now the 231 and trans crossmember are th low points. planning on building new trans crossmember next and a 300 crossmember

11. #36 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    great day to be wheeling. tuttle was nice, but got a few battle scars. broke off pass side mirror, drivers side rear door and handle, bent tie rod bar, elec fan burnt up, cracked track bar mount, dented pass side rear quarter more, pushed radiator up in to the hood.

12. #37 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    Epic day of carnage, damn man almost sounds fun lol
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

13. #38 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    it was one of the best days i've had wheeling in a long time. the dents and dings dont even bother you on a good day like that. hopefully do it all over again on labor day at SMORR

14. #39 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    Hell yeah! Ain't nothin wrong with using your Jeep as intended! Amen!

15. #40 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    got my radiator pushed back down. cut out the smashed up core support and built a new one out of 1 3/4" sleeved with 1 1/2". then proceeded to build a new bumper, as my other one ws getting pretty beat up and always got cought on rocks. needs painted and a couple of braces

16. #41 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Bumper looks really good, probably the best tube bumper I've seen on a wj. I wanna build a cage like yours too. Does your roof leak or did you find away to seal it. My wj won't fit in my garage so i have to leave it out in the rain.

17. #42 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Bumper looks great man! Awesome lines and real clean.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

18. #43 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    thanks for the complements guys

it doesnt leak to much. i drilled a 1 3/4 hole ond put a 1 3/4 tube through it. then caulked the top. i need to caulk it some more now that its shrunk up a bit.

gonna head to tuttle again for the fourth. if you see me and wanna look, just stop me

19. #44 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    How was tuttle? Did you get any pictures?

20. #45 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    vcc it was a great time. just got back a couple of hours ago. got a few pics and will get a few more in a few days from another guy that was there. got it stuck a few times in the mud. bout drowned it again. broke my new pass side mirror off again along with denting the whole pass side. let the wife do most of the driving. she went up the rock garden by herself.

21. #46 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    it was a great time. just got back a couple of hours ago. got a few pics and will get a few more in a few days from another guy that was there. got it stuck a few times in the mud. bout drowned it again. broke my new pass side mirror off again along with denting the whole pass side. let the wife do most of the driving. she went up the rock garden by herself.

22. #47 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    sorry bout that. damn computers. anyways, the head light is out because the mounting tab broke. so I just unhooked it.

23. #48 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    time to get a stock pile of passenger side mirrors. whats the next for this?
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

24. #49 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    Awesome pics, looks like you had fun. I don't usually let my wife drive, she's a better spotter than driver, I think she will break my jeep if she drives. There's a guy on another forum that went to Tuttle with a wj on 37 this weekend, he said he saw another built wj that lended him some tools, I'm guessing it was you. What transmission are you running? How are you liking the doubler?

25. #50 Re: 99 limited d60, 14bolt dblr. 37s 
    I don't know whats next. I wanna regear and shave the 14b. I want a new stroker engine, never been satisfied with this one. my wife is actually wheeling really good. the guy on 37's broke a stub shaft clean in two. his jeep was very clean. still on the stock trans, 42re. the doubler is awesome. I like trying to crawl everything. my buddy tries to get me to throttle up everything like he does with his hemi. its nice not really having to worry bout breaking as much now with the one tons. the body damage comes with the territory, I tried to avoid it at first but that didn't last long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information