Thread: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. #76 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Good to hear you guys are going to make it out there, good times for sure.

2. #77 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Just a reminder to everyone that there's a little over 2 weeks left to get payments and such submitted. Waivers do not need to be sent in, but we do need payment for the event, banquet, and t-shirts by the middle of May.

Thanks!

3. #78 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    I just booked my hotel 3 days ago, so...don't expect my payment until a few months later.
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

4. #79 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    4 JEEPIN Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    Just a reminder to everyone that there's a little over 2 weeks left to get payments and such submitted. Waivers do not need to be sent in, but we do need payment for the event, banquet, and t-shirts by the middle of May.

Thanks!
    Just sent everything to you in this morning's mail. <embarrassed>
    Sandy Reshes
    Every GSW since it started in 1998, except for 2014
    95 ZJ with Clayt's longarms, some cool ARB & OME stuff
    05 Rubicon

Please patronize our GSW sponsors

5. #80 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    It's a good thing I bank at the same institution as MC....and Dave is my banker

I'll be dead on time (with a reminder from Dave maybe), as usual.

Haha!
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

6. #81 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    I am paid and signed permit sent.!
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

7. #82 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    Just canceled our room at the rodeway inn in favor of a cabin at the koa if anyone's looking for a double room there may be one available for a minute

8. #83 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    I have a single queen at the Redstone - but am looking for two doubles if anyone wants to trade their reservations.
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

9. #84 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    What was even funnier was that it was Jeep's Jeep that I broke - they brought a 4" lifted WK out to show off at a GSW and at 7:30 one evening the Jeep rep asked me if I wanted to try it out. At the start of the trail we both said "we really shouldn't be out here alone...". Ended up having to walk up the ridge until I got cell phone coverage and Cody and Kevin came out and got us off the ridge. Kevin had to weld up a fix (I now carry a spare tie rod).

We have great support at GSW; but unlike me, try not to need it!
    Was I there for this? I remember using my inverter and angle grinder to cut and grind a high-lift handle in the dark on the edge of a cliff to bridge a tie-rod back together, just have no idea who's jeep was being fixed.
    1993 Trashcan, 7/8 Ton, 37's

Some people play golf, others enjoy football...I just really like fucking with people.

Vote REPUBLICAN.......because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE!!!

10. #85 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe_offroad View Post
    My welder has a bum shoulder and my welding skills aren't up to the job, so that's not happening. I could always make a run to the hardware section at Lowes
    Your welding skills aren't up to the job cause you don't practice...my welders have always been available to you to practice with any time you've ever wanted, but no, you had to go get a girlfriend and a job and make that silly stuff a bigger priority than your jeep. I blame you. BTW...I've been welding with one arm for the past 4 weeks.

There's always liquid nails, JB Weld, magnets, rivets, velcro, duct tape...dozens of ways to attach a sub-frame...be creative.
    1993 Trashcan, 7/8 Ton, 37's

Some people play golf, others enjoy football...I just really like fucking with people.

Vote REPUBLICAN.......because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE!!!

11. #86 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    Your welding skills aren't up to the job cause you don't practice...my welders have always been available to you to practice with any time you've ever wanted, but no, you had to go get a girlfriend and a job and make that silly stuff a bigger priority than your jeep. I blame you. BTW...I've been welding with one arm for the past 4 weeks.

There's always liquid nails, JB Weld, magnets, rivets, velcro, duct tape...dozens of ways to attach a sub-frame...be creative.
    Don't forget self tapping screws!
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

12. #87 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
    This is a very friendly event - Most of us consider it a family reunion of sorts.

We love seeing new faces, and all are welcome.
    The more I think about this the more I think this is a huge part as to why I still have my ZJ. I wheel it, or even drive it for that matter, very little during the year, other than this event. I would sell it and move on, but then I would get kicked out of this cult! I mean family.

I hope with this round of mods it is more drivable and I can get some use out it. I got fed up with it, again, after Wheeler Lake and it sat until October when I used it to take leaves to the dump. I started it once in April. But, with a new battery and new front suspension, I should be able to take the kids for a weekend drive and get them out of the house this summer.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

13. #88 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner Pitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    The more I think about this the more I think this is a huge part as to why I still have my ZJ. I wheel it, or even drive it for that matter, very little during the year, other than this event. I would sell it and move on, but then I would get kicked out of this cult! I mean family.
    And this is why I have been looking for another Grand myself.
    Toyota FJ80, lifted, locked, slow
    Sold: 01 WJ, 93 YJ, 86 CJ7

14. #89 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Exactly! I started my poor ZJ for the first time in 3 months yesterday...drove it 85 feet into the garage and changed the oil...there she sits. It is drivable and I use it a bit more in the summer but we mostly watch it sit, collect dust and lose paint.
    04 Dub -- Longarms, JK44, 9" ARB's etc.
    68 Super Wagoneer - Resto Project
    93 ZJ: longarms, 231D, 35's, 44/Hi 9", ARB's, etc. -- Sold

15. #90 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Member Lifetime Supporter Mochisme's Avatar
    WOW, it has been a while since I checked in here and I have enjoyed reading all the posts, but once again I will not make it this year as I signed up and took a position as a Campground Host for the summer and started May 17th. I also have been looking to sell or part out my ZJ as I needed something to tow behind the motor home and the ZJ on a trailer just would not meet my needs. So a few weeks ago I purchased a 2000 WJ and proceeded to get it all set up to tow and then wiped a main crankshaft bearing. It is now sitting in the shop waiting for a Rebuild 4.7 to arrive tomorrow, so I should have it back in a week or so and with the new engine it should be good to go for a long time as I had already had the differentals and transfer case checked and serviced at a dealers shop. My plan is to make 2014 GSW and to not make any plans to make me miss it.

So you all have a great time and post lots of photos to show me what I am missing.
    Ted

2000 WJ Stock, Towed behind the Motor Home
    2000 Monaco La Palma 34' Class A Motorhome

16. #91 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    4 JEEPIN Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner

Quote Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
    WOW, it has been a while since I checked in here and I have enjoyed reading all the posts, but once again I will not make it this year as I signed up and took a position as a Campground Host for the summer and started May 17th. I also have been looking to sell or part out my ZJ as I needed something to tow behind the motor home and the ZJ on a trailer just would not meet my needs. So a few weeks ago I purchased a 2000 WJ and proceeded to get it all set up to tow and then wiped a main crankshaft bearing. It is now sitting in the shop waiting for a Rebuild 4.7 to arrive tomorrow, so I should have it back in a week or so and with the new engine it should be good to go for a long time as I had already had the differentals and transfer case checked and serviced at a dealers shop. My plan is to make 2014 GSW and to not make any plans to make me miss it.

So you all have a great time and post lots of photos to show me what I am missing.
    Ted, enjoy the summer and your new WJ and we'll look forward to seeing you next year in Moab.
    Sandy Reshes
    Every GSW since it started in 1998, except for 2014
    95 ZJ with Clayt's longarms, some cool ARB & OME stuff
    05 Rubicon

Please patronize our GSW sponsors

17. #92 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone headed to MOAB today to see if they can grab my keys I left at a trail parking lot right off hwy 128. If you can spare ~5min of your time I will make it worth your time. e-mail me and I can send you a map showing exactly where they should be. Thanks guys, hope you all have a great trip! Just got back and the weather is great down there right now!

jason
    303-903-2523
    mr.jpolly@gmail.com

18. #93 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Quote Originally Posted by polly View Post
    Hey guys,I'm looking for someone headed to MOAB today to see if they can grab my keys I left at a trail parking lot right off hwy 128. If you can spare ~5min of your time I will make it worth your time. e-mail me and I can send you a map showing exactly where they should be. Thanks guys, hope you all have a great trip! Just got back and the weather is great down there right now!jason303-903-2523mr.jpolly@gmail.com
    PM sent. if you need to text me, 435 six three zero 8232

19. #94 Re: Grand Slam West 2013 Scheduled 
    Black04WJ was super nice to offer, but it would be much easier if someone from CO headed down hwy 128 could take a look. Sorry for the thread Hi-Jack...

Thanks fellers

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Polly,
    I'm out here with black04wj and we have a few guys from FoCo with us too, we should be able to get this taken care of for you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread Information