Thread: Inner Air Locker

1. #1 Inner Air Locker 
    Has anyone used the inner air locker from http://www.innerairlock.com/? Pros? Cons?

2. #2 Re: Inner Air Locker 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    They are sitting in my buddy's shop waiting to be mounted to my wheels...

I ran Stauns (same concept, slightly different materials) ever since I was on 31s and I loved them. Never lost a bead -- and that included running over two miles of trails on a totally flat tire.

Run them at the max psi the instructions say -- those I know that ran Stauns had issues only if they didn't run them at max psi.

The big thing with those is that you want to have some sort of rock ring to protect the wheel lip. I ran for a few years without a rock ring and had issues keeping air in the tires because the lips were so beat up. Once I got that resolved, there were no issues

I also feel that these help lessen the chance of getting pinch flats, too. The tube (which is protected by that liner) creates enough pressure to "round off" the tire so that even if you have a flat (or are aired down really low), the tire won't get pinched on the lip.

My buddy who has installed numerous sets of Stauns (my IALs will be his first set) actually prefers to install them over regular beadlocks -- but regular beadlocks are probably much easier for the average joe to mount.

Most of the issues I've seen/read about over the years regarding issues with that style of beadlock comes back to bad installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

Thread Information