Thread: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night?

1. #1 Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    I don't know your screen name...suicide tire? Anyway, what was that Whiskey and can I send you money to ship me a bottle of it? That was really good stuff.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

2. #2 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    That was Sean, (Suicidetirezj) The booze in question was Stranahans.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

3. #3 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Mmmmmmm . . . Stranahans. . . . .

The restaurant attached to their brewery, Rack House, is really good too.

4. #4 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    Cody, that was me. Still have most of the bottle we were pulling from, with my complete and utter exhaustion I wasn't up to my usual standard of putting booze back. I think the only thing I remember from our conversation was you talking about wanting to open your own distillery one day. Call me when that happens and I'll drive down.

PM me your address and I'll ship you a bottle. They tend to range in price from $51-65 depending on availability, but the price should stay low now that their expansion is complete. I've had good luck wrapping bottles in rags and sending them in poster tubes or even the "if it fits, it ships" boxes, so if you'd like a couple bombers of good New Belgium, Odells, or Funkwerks brews, I can toss some of those in too.
    Poetry in commotion.

5. #5 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    Here's the website, by the way, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they ship direct. http://www.stranahans.com/
    Poetry in commotion.

6. #6 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    Cody, that was me. Still have most of the bottle we were pulling from, with my complete and utter exhaustion I wasn't up to my usual standard of putting booze back. I think the only thing I remember from our conversation was you talking about wanting to open your own distillery one day. Call me when that happens and I'll drive down.

PM me your address and I'll ship you a bottle. They tend to range in price from $51-65 depending on availability, but the price should stay low now that their expansion is complete. I've had good luck wrapping bottles in rags and sending them in poster tubes or even the "if it fits, it ships" boxes, so if you'd like a couple bombers of good New Belgium, Odells, or Funkwerks brews, I can toss some of those in too.
    That'd be awesome! I can PP you the money in advance, or send you a cashiers check. The only beer I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like to snag a couple bottles of, would be La Folie from New Belgium. Not sure how hard that is to get.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

7. #7 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    La Folie is kind of hit or miss. With the aging process, if it's on the shelf just depends on the demand for the stuff and the amount of time it's been since the last batch.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few bottles of it at my local liquor store for like $18/ea as recently as last week. Are you into the sour beer thing?
    Poetry in commotion.

8. #8 Re: Colorado Micro Distillery Whiskey...who had that on Saturday night? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    La Folie is kind of hit or miss. With the aging process, if it's on the shelf just depends on the demand for the stuff and the amount of time it's been since the last batch.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few bottles of it at my local liquor store for like $18/ea as recently as last week. Are you into the sour beer thing?
    I dig a good sour beer, but not every sour beer is good. La Folie is a good one. We have a bunch around here, but only a handful of them possess more character than just a beer with some Brett pitched into it.

I'm on a brewing hiatus for a couple weeks due to a move, but once I'm situated I want to get a couple sours going.

Thread Information