Thread: Weird no start problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Weird no start problem 
    Well the American made FP doesnt have a working fuel level. So I reinstalled the old unit and it doesn't work. Atleast I confirmed I had two problems. Doing the FP a 3rd time looking forward to the 4th time. Fml

2. #27 Re: Weird no start problem 
    I'm having the same issue, what I have found if I ground the fp relay pin, the fuel pump will kick on when you reinstall the relay, I have also found the tps sensor reads a low wot voltage and a high supply voltage by .12 volts

3. #28 Re: Weird no start problem 
    Quote Originally Posted by cparcell View Post
    I'm having the same issue, what I have found if I ground the fp relay pin, the fuel pump will kick on when you reinstall the relay, I have also found the tps sensor reads a low wot voltage and a high supply voltage by .12 volts
    I might have had a questionable tps. I got a little impatient and reset the PCM and replaced the tps at the same time. It drove a lot better. Than the crown fp failed with just 500 miles on it.

The jeep is driving just fine for now. Fingers crossed!

4. #29 Re: Weird no start problem 
    Well this weird no start problem has resurfaced after 5yrs. I have random no start's with no security light, fires up and dies. I do get the security light, comes on about a minute after it starts/runs, or randomly as I drive around. most of the time it starts right up, even though the light was on before cycling the key, and no light afterwards. The purple/yellow wire is still grounded, and I have swapped the ASD and fuel pump relays. It acts like the purple/yellow wire isn't grounded anymore, so I removed the drivers door panel and tried grounding it closer to the switch/ door key lock. No change. Has anyone ever had a door lock/ switch fail to deactivate the security system? Has anyone used the other two locks in the system passenger door and rear hatch to deactivate the system? I'm reaching for any ideas at this point guys. I work 130hrs a week, and naturally it doesn't do it when I'm out testing it. The boy drives it to school, and it has left him stranded(at home) so he couldn't pick up his younger sister from school. Any help will be much appreciated
    93 5.2 expo rig with alot of shit. On a trail most likely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information