Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Thanks to Everyone!

Thread: Thanks to Everyone!

1. #1 Thanks to Everyone! 
    4 JEEPIN Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner

Thanks to all planners, all participants, all sponsors & all trail leaders. Tom, thanks for the poster of our shirt. Great art work. Cody, great beer! Jeremiah, great pancakes! Everyone who helped me in the parking lot and on the trail, special thanks to you guys. This will go down as one of my best personal GSW memories. Uneventful 12 hour drive home just the way I like it.

Can't wait to nail down next year's date and book my room at Redstone.
    Sandy Reshes
    Every GSW since it started in 1998, except for 2014
    95 ZJ with Clayt's longarms, some cool ARB & OME stuff
    05 Rubicon

Please patronize our GSW sponsors

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    A second the sentiment. One of the best GSWs so far and I'm with you Sandy - I'll book next year's room at the Redstone as soon a we've set a date.

John and I were thinking of choosing a date with a full(ish) moon and offering an official twilight/night run on a scenic trail - something like Top of the World (only closer to Moab).

3. #3 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Wish I could have made it this year! 2010 was a blast
    I'm 20 and getting my fingers cut while learning...

98 5.9 ZJ, 6.5" F & R IRO LA's, 35" MTR's, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 w/Aussie, HP30, 242 w/ Skid, XRC8 winch, engine mods, etc...

4. #4 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    We had a great time. Sandy you deserve a lot of credit for what I am sure is a lot of work getting the donations and carting everything to Moab.

Keith
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

5. #5 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    I had a fantastic time and can't wait for next year!

As always, it was great seeing everyone help each other out when a rig needed a repair on the trail or back in town.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

6. #6 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Weakest post-GSW-picture-posting ever

What broke? Anyone flop?
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
    Weakest post-GSW-picture-posting ever

What broke? Anyone flop?
    You weren't there so there's not nearly as many pics as usual! We're still on our way home, but have roughly 1300 pics to go through from our new D5100 and 40ish GoPro vids.

As for breakage it was a pretty easy year. Ted Z snapped an 8.8 shaft on double whammy, we had a guy from Oregon lose a rear UCA mount, Sudz lost the front axle UCA mount, Jim snapped a steering box ear, Sandy was having sector shaft seal issues. Somethings haywire in my 30, Putz bent a rear driveshaft. John Strom might have done something to his front axle, not sure though. No rolls, and the only major trail repair was Ted's axle shaft, he had a piece stuck in the carrier.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BigDaveZJ; 06-11-2012 at 03:43 PM.

8. #8 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    John just broke a hub on the Spike run, he was up and going in 20 minutes.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    We're on 70 on our way back right now so I've been trying to type out responses while I have cell service (pams driving).

Even though we had a little smaller turnout this year it was a lot of fun. I like the idea of an official night run. I've gone out on PSM up to the wedgie a few times at night, and its been great for stargazing. I would almost avoid the full moon since its so bright it can drown out a lot of the stars.

Thanks to everyone who came out. All the work we put in as planners really pays off when we see everybody else having fun. And a HUGE thanks to everyone that chipped in for the donations. We had a few more trickle in after pizza and I think we're right about $600. That is AWESOME.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

10. #10 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Isn't that the second shaft Putz has broken?
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

11. #11 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO View Post
    I had a fantastic time and can't wait for next year!

As always, it was great seeing everyone help each other out when a rig needed a repair on the trail or back in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ View Post
    We had a great time. Sandy you deserve a lot of credit for what I am sure is a lot of work getting the donations and carting everything to Moab.

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    A second the sentiment. One of the best GSWs so far and I'm with you Sandy - I'll book next year's room at the Redstone as soon a we've set a date.

John and I were thinking of choosing a date with a full(ish) moon and offering an official twilight/night run on a scenic trail - something like Top of the World (only closer to Moab).

agreed! thanks to everyone for a great year!!!

porcupine rim is pretty sweet at night!...
    "ZJ's were designed with the intention to take 1 really good hit, and fold up. As long as the occupants walked away, it was a success. In the wheeling world, we expect our vehicles to take multiple really good hits, drive out of it, and run the obstacle again!"

12. #12 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Guys, I don't know what was holding me up from making it for so long. GSW WAS AWESOME! That many Grands on the trail was certainly a sight. Sandy, Dave, Pam, Cody, Tom, and all the other organizers, you guys did a hell of a job making it an actual event vs. just another trip out to the desert, and my hat is off to you. I'll add Neil's bent lower link and busted tire carrier to the list of damage, but nothing preventing him from continuing on the trail anyway. And a delaminated trailer tire. Keith, thanks for the use of your readywelder!

Still sorting through and tweaking the few pics and videos I got on my cell phone, but here's a teaser
    Poetry in commotion.

We got home about an hour ago and sent off Ron after a quick restroom break at Casa de Karlin.

We look forward to seeing our Jeep Family all year.

Another great event, and we're already counting down the days until #16!!
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

14. #14 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a great time again this year. It was the first time not taking my Dad or Jessie out with me in 11 years. Kinda sad about that but otherwise.

No problems this year going out Or coming back!! Yea!!!!!!
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

15. #15 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    You can add to the list a broken tie rod for me on the trail. Then, bad vibes going home. Turned out that the rear U-joint had no bearings left. Must have missed that before leaving. Putting rear shaft back in now then I'll see if anything else is broke.

It was a truely fabulous trip. Wish I had gone last year.

Thanks to everyone. It is an awesome group of people.
    01 WJ

16. #16 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Member Lifetime Supporter wannabe_offroad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
    Isn't that the second shaft Putz has broken?
    If you count the shaft inside my rear shock when you pulled me off the Cliffhanger obstacle, yes, lol. You may be thinking of the rear axle shaft where I bent the flange coming out of the creek on Cliffhanger.

And I'd agree on staying away from a full moon for a night run. Nothing cooler than being able to see satellites in orbit!!!

Thanks for putting it all together, planners!!! It was a great time (as usual!!)

17. #17 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Junior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    This was my first year and it definitely won't be our last. We all had a blast getting to meet everyone. I did manage to spin a couple tires on the rims, so it made for a bumpy ride home. And hopefully I will have a little more armor next year.

18. #18 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Quote Originally Posted by lightnin544 View Post
    This was my first year and it definitely won't be our last. We all had a blast getting to meet everyone. I did manage to spin a couple tires on the rims, so it made for a bumpy ride home. And hopefully I will have a little more armor next year.

good to to have you this year and maybe we'll see you in the valley sometime!
    "ZJ's were designed with the intention to take 1 really good hit, and fold up. As long as the occupants walked away, it was a success. In the wheeling world, we expect our vehicles to take multiple really good hits, drive out of it, and run the obstacle again!"

19. #19 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    I want to say thank you to everyone on Mallcrawlin that made this event possible. This was my first time going to an event on my own. I felt very welcomed and in good hands. I had a blast. Kinda bummed I didn't make it through Poison Spider. But that 25% off Claytons will help me eliminate that problem next year. A BIG Thanks to Neil and his friend for seeing us out of Poison Spider. From past experiences I had said " they wont stick around". I was dead wrong. Thanks again I will see you all next year for sure.

PS. I want to give a thanks to sandy and the two other guys who were at the Redstone Inn, when I rolled in there with my ripped of UCA mount. Thanks for stoping what you were doing to give me some advice. After throwing options around we found it best to get it fixed right at M4O.

PSS. Thanks to the guy that let me borrow your antenna. Im horrible with names. I just dont want to leave anyone out that made this trip so memorable to me and my family.

PSSS. Thanks to the guy that found my rear bumper on Kane Creek. I meant to ask the group going but forgot. Still you brought it back. AMAZING. I did loose the top strip again on Tower Arch. LAME
    Last edited by Niner360; 06-16-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Forgot some ish
    98 ZJ 5.9l / IRO 4.5" Short Arm / 33" BFG KM2 / TrailReady Front Bumper / Smittybilt XRC8

20. #20 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner360 View Post
    From past experiences I had said " they wont stick around". I was dead wrong. Thanks again I will see you all next year for sure.
    I heard about this 2nd hand - that your usual wheeling 'buddies' believe in wheeling Darwinism. We NEVER leave anyone behind - that's one reason why there's always at least one GSW organizer running tail gunner, to make sure everyone makes it off the trail. This year we were blessed with relatively light equipment damage, but in previous years some of the organizers (and participants) have spent many many many hours getting not only GSW participants off the trail, but also helping other non-affiliated 'wheelers and bikers and motorcyclists. Hopefully you can take this experience back home with you and start to change the attitudes of your wheeling 'buddies'.

Looking forward to seeing you at GSW 2013!

21. #21 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner360 View Post
    PS. I want to give a thanks to sandy and the two other guys who were at the Redstone Inn, when I rolled in there with my ripped of UCA mount. Thanks for stoping what you were doing to give me some advice. After throwing options around we found it best to get it fixed right at M4O.
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

22. #22 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    GSW kicks ass!
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

23. #23 Re: Thanks to Everyone! 
    Add my thanks to all the organizers as well as the rest my Grand-wheelin' bretheren. The 13th was not my lucky number it seems, 15th OTOH was for me one of, if not thee best Grand Slam evah. Thanks for all your work to make this event possible and alive for 15 years. I won't name names for fear of forgetting someone, but you and I know who you are. Thank you very much and I do hope to see you all in 2013.
    Adam, 2001 Banana Boat

Thread Information