Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

war pony - Page 3

Thread: war pony

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: war pony 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar
    Spare tire mount done! Simple, but not elegant[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

2. #52 Re: war pony 
    Very productive day, as it had to be as I have only today and wednesday off to finish prepping for gsw. Still have to build a new front brakeline, going to run it thru a tube from top of framerail to the bottom because somehow(probably a lack of bumpstop issue) occassionally it gets grabbed when turning at full stuff with both ends flexed. Still need some spare just-in-case-items and to bolt in harnesses and probably 10 other random things, but today I pretty much finished front bumper(sorry cteunich-it kinda resembles yours lol, but yours looks better!) and put together a VERY minimalistic rear bumper thing...And man does does the ass end soak up bumps better now, don't feel like I'm driving an 80's waterbed around anymore![IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

3. #53 Re: war pony 
    Looks good man! I like the way the tubes came out on yours, makes me wish I'd based mine off of the early style grill instead of the 5.9 one.
    Think Twice Garage
    Resident Throttle Jockey
    94 ZJ 4.0/AX15/231SYE, narrowed HP44/8.8, 5.13's, midarm 3link, 35" MTZ's, blah blah blah...

4. #54 Re: war pony 
    I love everything about your Jeep. I love the boatside\sliders. I love the inside cage.
    99' WJ, I6, Claytons 6.5", HP44, Ford 9", 35" Cooper STTs

5. #55 Re: war pony 
    Quote Originally Posted by eshindi View Post
    I love everything about your Jeep. I love the boatside\sliders. I love the inside cage.
    Appreciate it guys! I think a wheeling rig should look a little rough, I like to call it 'Junkyard Chic' lol, to heck with looking perfect and pretty because it just DOESN'T and besides, ugly fits my budget. Someday when I have the $ maybe she'll get a nice pretty engine, trans, and t-case and some big FUGLY tons, but for now she'll do!

6. #56 Re: war pony 
    Made it to GSW. Made a few friends, had a good time, didn't roll it and nothing fell off. Had a loose steering box bolt making bad-bushing noises the first morning, a few cranks tighter and all was well! All in all a fun and successful trip! Way friendlier and less crowded than EJS and SO much better than running trails alone or with total strangers. Thanks to all the folks who organize and support the Grand Slams, y'all do a good job!

7. #57 Re: war pony 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    Any updates on this? I am curious to see how you ended up finishing your bumpers.
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

8. #58 Re: war pony 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Whore View Post
    Any updates on this? I am curious to see how you ended up finishing your bumpers.
    Sorry, haven't been on much as the laptop is in storage and I have a smartphone but lack the patience to figure out how to use it well enough to post pics and such on here. The Jeep is kinda on the backburner now as we sold our house and we are saving EVERY penny toward the 20% down on the new one to avoid having an fha type loan with an insane amount of mortgage insurance.
    But to answer your curiousity I pretty much 'finished' my bumpers by painting them rustoleum red for now. Once I get my shop/garage (and house lol) I'll be back into this thing hot and heavy. I plan on tearing off the rack and building one from tube that connects to cage through the roof, still waiting for a 1-ton wrecked ford to appear at the bro-in-laws junkyard to pirate axles out of, etc, but first I need to fix the irritating exhaust leak and lack of horsepower...the thing will do a brakestand but won't go over 45 up a hill, so I'd like to build/buy a 4.6 stroker. Lots of plans but no money, no shop, no time right now...

9. #59 Re: war pony 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    alright, well i look forward to when you get some pictures up and things rolling again on here.
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

10. #60 Re: war pony 

11. #61 Re: war pony 
    http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/re...D=1&sort=1&o=0Sorry havent tried this phone upload thing before

12. #62 Re: war pony 

Day went bad trying to back up a muddy switchback a few weeks back. Guess it's time to upgrade. I wasn't even on it lol
    First tapatalk post so hope it looks ok. May have access to some rcv's at cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. #63 Re: war pony 

And a poser pic from a while back

14. #64 Re: war pony 
    Enjoyed your build. What is the filler neck from? I'm putting the fuel cell in the back of mine and wanting to run the filler neck out. Don't want the chance of spilling gas in the cargo area

15. #65 war pony 
    Thanks. Yeah fuel in cargo could ruin someone's day for sure. I don't know what the fill hose I used went to, I just went in the back at Oreillys and rooted around till I found one I thought would work lol. The bezel is a tj part, cost me nine bucks. At some point I plan on doing a real cell, along with a lot of other things
    Oh and the actual neck is the stock part I just rotated it and trimmed a bit to make it fit tj bezel.

Last edited by redneckrollercoaster; 12-08-2013 at 10:59 PM.

16. #66 Re: war pony 
    Giggity. Just waiting for the shafts that go with them. Excited, havent bought anything for the jeep that didnt come from a gas pump in a while!

17. #67 Re: war pony 
    wow, just caught up on your build man. Great stuff here. You can almost cut the body off at this point and have a tube buggy.
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

18. #68 Re: war pony 
    Yeah i could but then i couldnt just roll the windows up to get out of the wind lol. I do have an evil plan, however, that involves a sawzall...and no i'm not doing the rear 'chop' but i am chopping the rear. Kind of a bob job maybe. Seen it done on an xj on pirate, never on a zj though

19. #69 Re: war pony 

All riiiightttt!

20. #70 Re: war pony 
    Cant wait to see the bobbed ZL chopping. I can see it in my head. Go nuts and have fun man!!!!
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

21. #71 Re: war pony 
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckrollercoaster View Post

All riiiightttt!

I just ordered mine from HD Offroad Engineering.

22. #72 Re: war pony 
    Ok what i learned after 6 hours of fun and hijinks
    Rcv's video is fairly right on.
    Even if you 'dont think you'll need to trim' the lower ball joint stud, just do it while knuckle is removed. Save your immortal soul from a few extra curse words.
    Ok, you've gotten the knuckle to slide, maneuver, whatever back in after the requisite amount of swearing...BEFORE you get all excited and finagle the cv into the boot PUT THE LOWER BJ NUT on because if you dont, you get to get extra practice removing and reinstalling cv to and from orange boot as nut, at least in waggy c's- will not fit under cv boot to thread onto the stud you probably should have trimmed earlier. Lol.
    Oh, and you may as well just do the ball joints now if you're gonna, because in the case of waggy 44 at least, to do it later means 'uninstalling' cv's and boots.
    But really, in all actuality installing rcv's was WAY EASIER than i expected it to be. I learned stuff today. Was a good day!

23. #73 Re: war pony 

Some pics to show just how much the boots fill the knuckles

24. #74 Re: war pony 
    Whoops. Lol damnit man. Time to 3-link the front. The truss friggin TORE wtf

25. #75 Re: war pony 
    Ouch! Do you think it was from radius arm bind?

4.5" front custom 3-link, dual triangulated 4 link, 35s, custom front bumper. upcoming: custom belly skid, rear bumper, rocker cutout/boatsides, half doors

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thread Information