Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

war pony - Page 5

Thread: war pony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. #101 Re: war pony 
    Senior Member redneckrollercoaster's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

2. #102 Re: war pony 

Some progress today and last week. Got outer bars running from cage a-pillar to bumper with some fancy interlocking tube dealies so i can pull the bumper. Added a small suckdown winch to put a band-aid on an unloading issue. Hopefully the cable and winch brake are up to the task. It's only a 2500 pounder but it's what i had on-hand.
    Will be incorporating at least some of the factory front fenders over the front tubework and retrimming the hood so it looks a little better and will put a tube connecting the two front bars together. Just have to wire in winch quick connects on both ends of jeep and find a handy place to keep the winch...I don't know if i like this removable winch idea much...when i need to pull cable I'm usually in a bad spot and don't want to be messing around digging out my winch from the back of the jeep. Thinking maybe i'll hang it where the gas tank used to live as there's not much room left in the back with the spare and the battery living back there. Anyone have a better idea short of just leaving the winch(es) mounted? Pushing hard as I'm doing EJS in ten days

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you'll find I can still make the cut.
    94 zj,4.0,5.5"lift via f/r swap and spacers,35" kevlars, rodeo 44 rear w/yukon grizzly,waggy 44 front w/aussie,clayton la's &axle brackets,boatsliders & a bunch of other homebrew mods, Mike Anctil cage

3. #103 Re: war pony 
    Lol mad max got nothin on me! Well, maybe top speed and horsepower... I don't know why, i just did...

4. #104 Re: war pony 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    That looks awesome man!

5. #105 Re: war pony 
    That looks great man. Keep it up
    93zj build. 4.0 aw4, 231, 60s, and 37s. Some cutting and some welding.

6. #106 Re: war pony 
    Thanks guys. Need to go bigger on the tires now. Or maybe put it on tracks and add a turret...kidding...and Dave, I try and remember how you ended up UNchopping the top on yours every time I get the nagging urge to go back there with my old Milwaukee sawzall. Now would be a good time to remind me just how much you hated it because I have that emo desire to cut cut cut lol

7. #107 Re: war pony 

8. #108 Re: war pony 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Looks like you trimmed your fenders a bit.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

9. #109 Re: war pony 
    Lol just left enough to cover gap between bars and hood and the ugly door hinges and such. Changed to a wagoneer pitman arm and got turn radius back but now i need to extend my front lower arms to keep tires out of the firewall...even after all that 'trimming' i've been doing. It's been a long time since i put on the lowers. I'm adjusted about 1.75" out already; does anyone know how much thead is on a 2.5" johnny joint? With the Clayton arms

10. #110 Re: war pony 
    Picked up some sexy fat girls.

Might sell my current axles, might put them under the 5.2.

Balljoint ford 60 and a 2013 aam 10.5 from a 2500 dodge thAt I haven't been able to find gears lower than 4:56 for. Let the fun and chaos ensue... Either i trade for another rearend or i up my hp and torque a LOT because i want 40" tires

11. #111 Re: war pony 
    Doubler? Nice score btw

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    4.5" front custom 3-link, dual triangulated 4 link, 35s, custom front bumper. upcoming: custom belly skid, rear bumper, rocker cutout/boatsides, half doors

12. #112 Re: war pony 
    Mounted and recessed the winch after deciding I don't like the idea of having to pull the winch off it's bracket in the cargo area when I'm in a bind and need it. Clocked the winch clutch forward and mounted the solenoid box on a front crossbar. Also ditched the weird grey for black. I think it looks a lot less weird now. Need to bend up some tube to reconnect the top of the bumper channel back to itself and make it so the winch plate and fairlead aren't the furthest thing out. Sticks out 4" from framehorns, 2" from front of bumper itself. Also got a torsion bar style swaybar system from tk1 racing to tighten up the rear. Time to start collecting parts(coilovers or ori's, astro van steering box and hydro-assist, heim steering, gears and lockers, etc) for the tons and 40's I plan on shoving in there this summer. Long list of things to do to accomplish that. Probably stretch the Clayton arms and go three-link up front.
    Need to put bumper bolts back in...

13. #113 Re: war pony 
    (Swaybar only mocked up at the moment)

14. #114 Re: war pony 
    Great idea to clock the winch to tuck it back more. Looks great!
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

15. #115 war pony 
    Thank you Sir

16. #116 Re: war pony 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    So this beast will be at GSW right?
    Nice work man!

Because Jeep.
    "ZJ's were designed with the intention to take 1 really good hit, and fold up. As long as the occupants walked away, it was a success. In the wheeling world, we expect our vehicles to take multiple really good hits, drive out of it, and run the obstacle again!"

17. #117 Re: war pony 
    Thinking about it for sure. Thanks!

18. #118 Re: war pony 
    Off to EJS

19. #119 Re: war pony 
    Check my sick tierod! Getting started on a little bit of a project
    Whole pile of three-link and bracketry coming from Barnes...man they ship fast. Order shipped ten hours after I ordered it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Thread Information