Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

wandering utah's deserts

Thread: wandering utah's deserts

1. #1 wandering utah's deserts 
    This will be just a quick run through, i'll let the pics do a lot of the talking

We took off friday to poison springs, after dinner in hanksville we motored down the rd to our turn off. after airing down a bit we started our trek down the wash and found the group we were meeting around 8:30 or so. after getting camp setup we lit a fire popped open a cold beer and enjoyed the warm evening listening to the frogs. next morning we awoke bright and early to get shown a few things while we were down there. after wandering around the area for most the day we decided to head to the swell to take the scenic way home. we took a cool slot type route to temple mt, then made our way towards swasey cabin for the night. after having to turn around cause the little two track was washed out we backed tracked over to the main rd. with all the people and wind up top we decided to head into eagle canyon a bit to setup camp. after a good nights sleep under a bright full moon we packed up and made our way out, stopping at the lone warrior pictograph. After that we continued under I70 to a few other pictographs(forgot the name at the moment) then around locomotive point. Once again under I70 and made our way towards buckhorn draw. stopped at the swinging bridge wandered around then decided to head to mexican mountain. after hiking to the river we let the dog play in the water and cool down a bit. back in the vehicles and off to the buckhorn pictographs and the little grand canyon. then it was smooth sailing into huntington where we topped off the tanks for our journey home. it was a great trip, seen some things i have never seen and some i haven't seen in a few yrs, can't wait to get back!

cruising down hwy 24 towards hanksville

the moon outside hanksville

in the wash

first nights camp.

gettin the runner wet.

one of the two inscriptions i went there for.

here's the other

slivers of petrified wood everywhere

a random rock in the middle of nowhere with a face painted on it.

overlooking the dirty devil.

Rod grimme was there apparently

more to come..........

2. #2 Re: wandering utah's deserts 

the cacti were starting to bloom.

a couple frogs discovered along the way

hanging out in the shade.

then it was off to the swell

got a tip on a cool new way to take, so we took it

i blame the cattle guard for the small slice in my tire, after a short moment with a plug and a compressor we were back on the rd.

second nights camp in eagle canyon.

the bright light is the moon

still more...............

3. #3 Re: wandering utah's deserts 

the swinging bridge

and a dino track

and the final stretch home

the full album is here.

wish i had more time to wander, guess that means i'll just have to go back

4. #4 Re: wandering utah's deserts 
    Sweet.. looks like a great time. Thanks for sharin..

5. #5 Re: wandering utah's deserts 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    Does that formation back behind the cabin have a name? I looks like an Eagle or hawk.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

6. #6 Re: wandering utah's deserts 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlandXJ View Post
    Sweet.. looks like a great time. Thanks for sharin..
    thanks! it was a great time, i think i'm going back in a couple weeks to explore more of the side canyons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado 5.9 View Post
    Does that formation back behind the cabin have a name? I looks like an Eagle or hawk.
    i've seen it on maps as broken cross rock and eagle rock. since it is sitting pretty much at the edge of eagle canyon i always lean towards calling it eagle rock.

7. #7 Re: wandering utah's deserts 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    Well, there ya go.

Thanks!!!
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

Thread Information