Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Built a Workbench - Page 2

Thread: Built a Workbench

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Built a Workbench 
    If you want to be able to move it around and keep it level then you should get some casters, add a length of bolt to them and put a threaded plate on the bottom of each 4x4 then screw the wheels into the bottom of the posts with a nut to "lock" them into place and voila you have a bench you can move all over your garage and be able to level it in every spot. Oh and I'd go with locking casters of course.

2. #27 Re: Built a Workbench 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    So I just finished making mine. The previous owners of the house left a 1.5" thick 60x34 table top in the basement so I used that for the top. You can tell that it was used for projects before so i might sand it down and refinish it. So I built a 54x31 frame to have a 3" overhang on the front. There was a workbench in the basement built to 39" in my basement and I like that height, so I figured I'd give that a shot and could always cut down the legs if that's too high.

For the top frame I layed a 2x4 across the top of the 4x4 legs then sandwiched that between 2x6s. Bottom frame is 2x6s and the sway bracing is made of 2x4s. It is quite stout as it is so I didn't find a need to use carriage bolts. I figured if things loosen up I could always add them. I haven't tied it into the wall but I don't know how necessary it is with how heavy it is.

If I didn't have the top around I probably would have built the frame to different dimensions to minimize waste and not make it as deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information