Thread: Dimple Dies

1. #1 Dimple Dies 
    Ive been looking at getting some dimple dies, good idea/bad idea? Just curious as to what others think. What brands are best, what size material does it work with? Any experience both good and bad? Thought they would be neat to use.

2. #2 Re: Dimple Dies 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    The only brand I've used are the Light Racing dies. They seem to be doing the job and holding up great. Beyond that, I can't give you much "brand" advice. You can use them on up to 1/8" thick mild steel. Since they are not cheap, I'd try to figure out what one or two sizes you'll use most and just get those. The ones I use require a press but you can also buy sets that are designed to work with a nut and bolt to form the dimple.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

3. #3 Re: Dimple Dies 
    I have one Light Racing die and I love it. It was like 70 bucks but it's easily paid for itself in being able to use thinner (cheaper) materials for certain things.

There was a shop selling a set for a very reasonable price a couple years back. I think it was Barbed Wire offroad.

4. #4 Re: Dimple Dies 
    I have a couple of presses, what size do you have cam? I was thinking somewhere in the 1.5 to 2.5 range.

5. #5 Re: Dimple Dies 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    I have one Light Racing die and I love it. It was like 70 bucks but it's easily paid for itself in being able to use thinner (cheaper) materials for certain things.

There was a shop selling a set for a very reasonable price a couple years back. I think it was Barbed Wire offroad.
    I have this full set. 1/2" up to 3"or 4" can't remember. Be careful!!! You will enjoy putting flared holes in everything. I have a 20 ton harbor frieght press that sees a lot of action with these. I have several sheets of steel with flared holes just laying around the shop. Not that they were made for anything, they just looked like they needed it.
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

6. #6 Re: Dimple Dies 
    scott I just have the 1.5" die and a 12 ton HF press. Works well

Thread Information