Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Bolt on ZJ - Page 3

Thread: Bolt on ZJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel City ZJ View Post
    Who's is that? That is exactly what I have been thinking lately.
    I like that too. I was looking at the jeep with my brother yesterday ant that is almost exactly what we were thinking. Dam I'm getting exicted. Plus its looking like GSW might be happening. Better get busy.

2. #52 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    The guy with that bumper doesn't have a build thread on MC, but there are a few more pics here:

http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post305899

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

3. #53 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    What size tube do you think that is?

4. #54 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Relocated my rear shocks. Sold the 10" travel and picked up some 12" travel shocks. Going to give me quite a bit more up travel and the same down travel. meaning time to trim the rear fenders. Hammered over the pinch seem. now just have to weld the pinch seam back together and seal the fender. Next is the belly skid. I also took out the 2" pucks from the front to lower it a bit. That meant more BFH on the inner fender well to make more room. Then the rocker replacement project will probably start in the next couple weeks. Blown away at how much steel is.....

5. #55 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    Blown away at how much steel is.....
    Scrap or new?

Looks good btw.

6. #56 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    @ Brad, mostly pricing new. They have piles of scrap you can sift through. I found a place that is moving and discounting all thier cut off pieces from the scrap pile. This is new steal but whether they have what your looking for depends on the day and whether or not you get lucky.

On another note, The speedo connector was not a direct plug in from the 249 to the 241. I ordered this female connector from Teraflex, Soldered the wires together and connected speedo. Speedo works now. Its a little fast but I'm hoping this turns the check engine light off. I don't plan on speeding anyway and will go by the sound and comfort when cruising. There are signal modifiers that adjust the pulse rate that I may look into in the future. I disconnected the battery in attempt to reset codes and will be taking it to get smogged this week. I would love for this thing to be street legal. It cruises pretty well around town. Just have to look out for the law.

Then took the kids up to the "tower of power" on the top of peavine mountain. They have been asking to go up there since I started the build. Finally made good on my promise. Mom was out of town and we had a picnic up there overlooking all of reno, sparks, and lemon valley. It was super cool.

Tested out the flex on the way up. It was nice but kept loosing passenger rear coil. I'm heading to fibercraft to pick up some tabs and start working on limit straps. Also going to work on relocating the rear upper spring retainers. Need to move it back a couple inches. Soon this thing will be dialed in......I hope in time for lots of summer runs.

Oh yah....Got some evolution series superior outer stubs for the front. Found em on pirate brand new and couldn't pass em up.
    Last edited by Snotbubbles; 04-17-2012 at 01:28 PM.

7. #57 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Nice job on the shock relocation. Looks like it came out real clean
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

8. #58 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Thanks, seems to work pretty good too. Picked up some box tube to start on sliders.

And a pic ofthe new outers

GM 19 spline Superior Evolution

9. #59 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    no more loosing coils

10. #60 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Well...took out the jeep on a challenging trail and put the first body damage on it x3. Got into some shit and found out the jeep is pretty dam capable and flexes nicely. No pics as we were just gettin through it. I blew a sidewall out bad on the left front. Tire is toast. Otherwise I was pretty stoked. the PJ's were chunking like crazy on the trail. they are also out of stock, so can't order a replacement. They're old and dry. DOM was scraped off by previous owner. Just don't think I can trust em. I'll be putting the jeep away to start the sliders and shopping for some new meats. As much as I don't want to. Thinking Pitbulls or Irok's. I'll post up pics of the damage later.

11. #61 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Pulled the trigger on some new 36" Irok's. Champion beadlocks came with em. Found em on Pirate and was patient as the price kept dropping. The bead locks look to be brand new as well. They were already filled with 10oz of balancing beeds.

Next to the 37's

Took the jeep to get smogged, It failed! I was told I need to run it through a driving cycle which could be 150 miles as there were some codes stored. I Drove it to Truckee for work and noticed a slight wobble in the passenger rear tire. I removed the axle shaft and the plate flange seems to be bent. Its turning out the parts rig I bought was a complete pile. It's getting there though. Now chromo rears through Alloy USA are going to be ordered soon.

I still haven't started the sliders yet.

12. #62 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Had a blast on my first trip to the Rubicon.
    Couple pics. Jeep did well.

My Jeep is nice inside Huh?

[/QUOTE]

13. #63 Re: Bolt on ZJ 

Traffic jam

14. #64 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Flex shot! Had to test the limit straps.

15. #65 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    sweet pics... the rubicon is definitely on my bucket list...

16. #66 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    great pics. I love this thread because the pics are always awesome
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

17. #67 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Looking great!!
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

18. #68 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Great pics! And the Jeep seems pretty damn capable, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

19. #69 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    the rubicon is fucking beautiful I got a plenty. It was nice to go out there and see everything from 32's to 42's.

I posted some of these in the GSR' thread. Not many showed up. Hopefully more next year.

Miller Lake

Grave Site at the bottom of Cadillac hill

Day two took a trip to long lake. Met up with the scramblers group. A reno4x4 guy was putting it together.

Last edited by Snotbubbles; 09-13-2012 at 12:02 PM.

20. #70 Re: Bolt on ZJ 

Bush whacked up to long lake.

Almost stepped on this fucker!

Trip back from Long Lake

Notice the sliders...Finally done...

Cool shot my passenger took chilling at the springs.

Fellow mallcrawler

And why the fuck not?
    Last edited by Snotbubbles; 09-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.

21. #71 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Leaving back out tahoe.

22. #72 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Great pics! Is this Ron's ZJ?

Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

23. #73 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Yep

24. #74 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Broke both u-joints, figured I'd install chromoly shafts while I was in there. Ordered up some Superior Shafts.

Other upgrades in the works are tube bumpers and redneck ram assist. My steering box is junk. Going to pull it, rebuild it, tap it, plate the frame, and add the ram. For now, only pics are new shafts.

I also picked up a plasma cutter

Pic of superior ears next to stock....just a tid bit more meat

Used the full circle clips with spicer u-joints. When these break I'll get the CTM's or Yukon's...who knows though? maybe a 60?

25. #75 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    I was planning on building tube bumpers front and rear. Plans changed when I found this Hansen bumper on CL. Picked it up cheaper than I could built one for. It will do for now.

Trimmed, welded, painted and installed:
    And it snowed so some snow wheelin pics!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information