Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Bolt on ZJ - Page 2

Thread: Bolt on ZJ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Got some more done on the jeep. Welded up the steering. Crappy cell pics

then decided to keep going and cut up the fenders and folded pinch seam.

And picked this up at Sears.

Ordered my Drivelines should be here any day. Also ordered the KOR Radiator support to replace my bent up tin pos.

2. #27 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Better pics of the steering. Also got the pinion guard installed and steering stabilizer done last night. Went to Vatozone and picked up $110 worth of gear oil, motor oil, filter for trans and motor, and ATF. Put it all on and bam.... started on the first crank for the first time in two years. Has to be the battery huh? and the fuel stabilizer I put in way back then was a good idea as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    In Reno?
    Nope, building the mall crawler.

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

4. #29 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    nice build man. Looks freaking awsome!
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

5. #30 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    thanks,

was hoping to have some pics of it on dirt this weekend. Was going to take it to Moonrocks for testing but the drivelines aren't ready. I ordered em 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Snotbubbles; 02-24-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Grammer

6. #31 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    I was hoping to get on a trail again for the second weekend in a row. however, drive line shop has been taking their sweet time. Promised me drive lines by this weekend and only came up with the rear. At least I was able to get it out of the garage. After two years I think I'm a little ancy but what's another week....It's only time.

1350 CV with 1330 u-joint at the axle yoke

And out of the garage.

Took the family on an easy ride in our back yard since I only had rear wheel drive.

and me and the kids

drove it about a half hour. It rode really nice. Speedo doesn't work but I'm guessing I had it 50-55 and it was smooth. Overall I'm excited and can't wait to get the front drive line. I'm sure I'll have to make some tweaks hear and there but only carnage was an ARB line melting. Have to reroute that. Front drive line will be here tomorrow. They had to order the 1330 CV output and then 1310 at the diff.
    Last edited by Snotbubbles; 03-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.

7. #32 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    I like the stance - looks good!

8. #33 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad S View Post
    I like the stance - looks good!
    x2. Jeep sits nice. I wish my backyard was like that. :P

9. #34 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    You gonna make it to Moab for Grand Slam West?
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

10. #35 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by 96RedZJ View Post
    x2. Jeep sits nice. I wish my backyard was like that. :P
    Thanks guys! like a lot of you know it was a ton of work to get to this point. My wife walked in on me chest bumpin my rig. I was so fuckin pumped to get it out of the garage.

Wait til you see what else is back there. Just need my front driveline. There is a lot of places and its all BLM land open to all recreation (including guns) and will never be developed. A trail called bud canyon is about 5 min from my front door. It will be a good place to get some seat time. Reno has quite a few places to wheel, not to mention Rubicon and Fordyce is only an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady View Post
    You gonna make it to Moab for Grand Slam West?
    I'd like to. I had my wife request the time off. My job is easy, if I want to go, I go. I'm a little nervous. I need some body protection and a cage next.

Most important like I said above is getting some seat time. I've wheeled a lot riding bitch. But I'm sure jumping from 31's to 37's and long arms with lockers is going to take some time to get used to. That or . Just don't want it to end up like the donor in the first pic of the thread after all this work. It would be nice to meet some of ya'll though. When do we have to register by?
    Last edited by Snotbubbles; 03-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.

11. #36 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    sweet build man. So the next pics wil have the front DS in huh? Your gonna love lockers man. makes a world of difference.
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

12. #37 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    I can't wait to give it a shot, and thanks again man. Hopefully not just dirt but some flexing.

I'm trying really hard to patient with the drive line shop... It wasn't ready today. I know I'm small potatoes for them...But to make up for it he's going to throw in some spare parts for my front axles and a discount. He feels bad and I can't drive it til the weekend anyway. I guess he got real busy. It happens...I'll take free parts.
    Last edited by Snotbubbles; 03-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.

13. #38 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Its good to have patience and sit tight waitin on the parts. If he does good work and you didnt have a trip booked this weekend, not a huge deal. I wouldn't freak on him. This can actually build a good relationship with a local shop. Because of the delay, he just may be the guy that bails you out when your REALLY in need
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

14. #39 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    I agree. When I was in my 20's I would've caused a scene. But I have my drive shaft now, its installed and now hopefully I have years to look forward to. I won't remember the two weeks I had to wait for my DS. To me its not worth being an asshole.

15. #40 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    with the front driveshaft in it was time to take it out. Lockers and gears make a world of difference. Everything worked well. I need bumpstops and may need to change up the rear shock location.

Not as
    Not as much up travel as I would like in the rear. Also, I sold my motorcycle so I can get a welder and stop having to wait on others to weld my crap.

16. #41 Adding another tool to the shop 
    To this point I've done all the prep on my rig and all the mechanical. the only thing I haven't done is the final welds. I got the jeep to a point where a friend came over and laid all the final beeds in one day. So I got a price from a local fab shop to build up some bumpers and sliders which made me laughed. I new I had to man up. I did some research and decided to go with the lincoln power mig 180. Lincoln has got a pretty killer promotion going on right now. Only regret is not doing it sooner. I purchased this and can purchase enough metal to build sliders, bumpers, and a cage for the price the fab shop quoted me and still save money. Now I want a plasma and bender. I may be in too deep!
    up first will be sliders. Although I've always wanted boat sides.....

17. #42 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    That's the welder I have right now. I've liked it so far. You won't regret going with the 180, although you may wish you had purchased a larger tank after you start in on your bumpers.

Good luck, enjoy that new toy

18. #43 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    40 amp circuit and outlet installed. Super easy to do and best shop mod to date. I set up the welder and started practicing.

Also, took the jeep up the mountain in the back yard to go shooting. Mud sucks!

I'm going to put it away for a couple weeks. I have to redo the rear shock locations for sure. That is first on the to-do lists. Then install skid, exhaust, wire speedo, and reset track bar. Something is rubbing up front, I think its the drop track bar bracket on the spring. It seems to go away when when I get up to speed. That or I just can't hear it. I have to make some adjustments to dial it in. I want to get it streetable in the next couple weeks. Overall, with some fine tuning, I feel like I'm almost ready to tackle some tougher trails and looking forward to an awesome summer.

19. #44 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Told ya man. lockers kick arse. Looks good stretchin her legs like that. Shes lookin pretty capable right now but theres ALWAYS tweakin to be done and even if there wasn't, you'll find something to do. More so with your new welder. Congrats on the purchase!!
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

20. #45 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    honestly this thing is lookin sweet. it looks better without some giant front bumper.
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

21. #46 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Yah, I like the no bumper look myself. I'm starting to look more and more at bumpers and honestly thinking of solid winch plate and then a small simple tube bumper front and rear. No tire carrier, just a good patch kit. keep the spare in the truck, they're dead weight anyway.

22. #47 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Did you order the welder direct from Lincoln?

23. #48 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    No, I picked it up from Airgas here in Reno. They're a Lincoln dealer and welding supply store. Welder came with a rebate for an auto darkening helmet. I'm still waiting on that to arrive but heard it could take as long as 4 weeks.

24. #49 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    Yah, I like the no bumper look myself. I'm starting to look more and more at bumpers and honestly thinking of solid winch plate and then a small simple tube bumper front and rear. No tire carrier, just a good patch kit. keep the spare in the truck, they're dead weight anyway.

what if you do a 2x4 inserts into the unibody and a 2x8? on top inbetween the 2 inserts and mount the winch on that

or do this.
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

25. #50 Re: Bolt on ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Whore View Post
    or do this.
    Who's is that? That is exactly what I have been thinking lately.
    The Steel City ZJ: Murdered Out with Steelers, Steelers, and more Steelers

www.militaryjeepers.com

97 ZJ 4.0, 5.5", Clayton's, Serious Off Road Products 1 Ton Steering, 242, 35" MT/R's with Kevlar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information