Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
Matt, you've inspired me. Looks like GSW is out for me as well. I'm saving for a down payment on a house of my own and trying to squeeze every penny. Unfortunately it is really expensive to make the haul to Moab from Seattle and based on what it cost last year I'd be saving 2k all together for food, gas and lodging for two. Man this sucks, up until last night cutting GSW wasn't even an option, but the more I think about it, it's sacrifices like this that will allow me to purchase a home by my goal of six months.

However; I'm not building my dream home, I have zero intention of staying in Seattle long term. I just hate the fact that I'm flushing $1400/month down the drain for rent, which I will never see a return on. I want to buy a fixer-upper. I have all the tools necessary to renovate a home and one of my buddies from college just got a job up here at my company so he will probably live with us for a couple of years. Buy while the market is low, gut it, fix it up and sell it in a couple of years when I move back to California. That's the plan at least.
You suck But on a serious note, I might not make it either. We have a new boss and I'm not sure how time off in the busy season will work. I may not even be here in 2 months depending on how things play out. Nothing is certain at this point so I am just going day by day.