Thread: One last run for 2011 Walden Colorado Sand Dunes

1. #1 One last run for 2011 Walden Colorado Sand Dunes 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    One Last run for 2011. Bob the owner for TnT Customs planned a snow bash trip in Walden Colorado at the North Park Sand Dunes OHV area.
    My kids and I left Denver Friday evening and stayed the night in Walden CO at the North Park Inn. Nice place. We had breakfast at the the Creek Side Inn on Saturday AM and then headed to the trail head at the North Park Sand Dunes.

We met Eric there at 9:30AM. Then a couple more rigs arrived. A few minutes later the guys from Wyoming came. Not sure how many rigs in total, but at least a dozen or so. We were proud to be the only Grand Cherokee in field of CJs, YJs, TJs and JKs. Some awesome rigs including some recently on magazine covers.

We were all concerned about the lack of snow. The weather was around 20 degrees and windy. Everyone off loaded their rigs, aired down, dressed for the weather etc.

The group then headed onto the trail and instantly we found snow. We all followed back to the dunes and commenced to having a good time. There was enough snow and ice on the sand that created some unique challenges, but better created a surface we could play on.

The North Park Sand Dunes is a unique place that it seems most have never heard of before. There was a Stay the Trail sign near the entrance, so not completely unheard of.

Not much carnage, one guy with a broken front axle shaft and another with a broken hub. I had a brief ARB compressor leak that was a quick fix before we hit the dunes.

Bob and Mary with TnT Customs provided lunch, excellent chili. All in all a great day in the Rockies.

Everyone drove home after lunch around 2:30PM and we were back home in Highlands Ranch by 6:30PM even after stopping in Winter Park for Coffee.

My son Kyle took a lot of pictures and these are in no particular order. See Link

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/...011/?start=all
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Nice pictures. Looks like a good time.

Grand cherokee looks good also!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thread Information