Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011

Thread: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011

1. #1 Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    There were three rigs, John and Jane, Ken and Kim and myself with Kyle and his friend Barry. 2 Dubs and 1 ZJ.

We started up the trail by 2PM. It seems a little more rocky in the early stages of Red Cone than last year. The second half seemed the opposite to me. Pretty much a un-eventful run through Red Cone and the weather patterns were on our side. Red Cone as usual delivered on the views. Turns out the rumors are true, somone removed the Red Cone 12800ft altitude sign at the summit of RC.

We got down the steep decent sections and then proceeded to Radical Hill to see the mountain goats. Radical Hill is always a fun and tight squeeze. We go to the top and saw the goats along the ridge. When stopped to see them around the bend from the summit. Then took Deer Trail to Webster and went through Montezuma towards the highway home. The Montezuma people seem to be loosing their humor as no more oversized speed bumps, hangmen from the barn and not even a killdozer this year.

We had a great Saturday afternoon with some good friends in the mountains of the great state of Colorado.

Keith
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

2. #2 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    It was a fun time! Did Kyle get any good pics?
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

3. #3 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    I think so, I see if he can post them up later in the week. I only took one picture of that JK off the trail.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

4. #4 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ View Post
    I think so, I see if he can post them up later in the week. I only took one picture of that JK off the trail.
    Seems to be a common theme lately.

Hopefully you shared some of that pizza with everybody.

5. #5 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    It didnt last long.

PS what happened to the Vikings? Unfortunately they made the Chockers look better than they are.

6. #6 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    It was a great trip once again. I'll post up some of Kim's pics once I get the camera from her! Mostly scenery pics though, the group moved along the trail pretty easily, not much time was taken for poser pics.

Keith, did you email the off-trail pics to Colorado Trail Patrol? His excuse was really not an excuse when I think about it.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

7. #7 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Yes, I agree on his excuse. I looked up on line for some kind of statue that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want while in the act of proposing to someone. I couldnt find ANYTHING. I did the CTP trip report this morning and included the pics and plate number.

8. #8 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    May we can get the STT crew at their wedding reception??

9. #9 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Great idea. I am sure that we could have a ranger perform the ceremony too.

10. #10 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    That story was BS. Jane said he would have walked up to the ledge with his girl and got down on one knee, not drive up to the ledge and propose inside the Jeep. Jane also said the girl would have been so excited she would have shown us the ring, especially if it was going to be their cover story for driving way off trail.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

11. #11 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    A couple of scenery pics. It was overcast so not the greatest pictures, but cool none the less

Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

12. #12 Re: Red Cone/Radical Hill/Deer Trail September 10th, 2011 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO View Post
    That story was BS. Jane said he would have walked up to the ledge with his girl and got down on one knee, not drive up to the ledge and propose inside the Jeep. Jane also said the girl would have been so excited she would have shown us the ring, especially if it was going to be their cover story for driving way off trail.
    Having been in that situation, I would agree with Jane. Unless of course she was embarrassed that her now fiance was a douche and she said yes. . .
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

Thread Information